SPARTANBURG, S.C. – North Dakota State maintained its No. 1 ranking in this week’s FCS Coaches Poll after a 38-20 victory against then-No. 11 Illinois State on Saturday. The Bison received 24 first-place votes and 647 total points.
|FCS COACHES POLL|
|Check out the full rankings|
Montana State also maintained its No. 2 ranking after a 16-7 victory against Montana. The Bobcats are one of four teams in this week’s poll to reach the 10-win mark this season. Old Dominion rose one spot to No. 3 (586 points, one first-place vote) after a 38-23 victory against then-No. 14 James Madison, while Eastern Washington also rose one spot to No. 4 (556 points). Sam Houston State received one first-place vote and 552 total points to round out the top five.
Appalachian State rose two spots to No. 6 after being idle last week, while Georgia Southern dropped one spot to No. 7 after falling to in-state FBS-foe Georgia. Central Arkansas used a 48-30 victory against then-No. 25 Eastern Illinois to climb two spots to No. 8, while Wofford fell to in-state FBS-foe South Carolina and maintained its No. 9 ranking. Lehigh, the final 10-win team in this week’s poll, rounds out the top 10.
Previously unranked Colgate entered this week’s poll at No. 25 after a 41-39 victory against Fordham on Saturday, finishing out the regular season at 8-3.
Ten conferences are represented in the poll. The Colonial Athletic Association has the most teams in the top 25 with six. The Big Sky and Missouri Valley are represented by four teams each, while the Southern Conference has three teams. The Patriot League and Southland Conference are represented by two teams each, and the Big South, Ivy League, Mid-Eastern Athletic, and Ohio Valley have one team apiece.
- Kiffin eager to put past problems to rest
- Frazier, Wuerffel to meet again in Hall of Fame
- Spring is crucial for new Pac-12 coaches
- Manziel taking smart approach to doing things he likes
- Michigan's Hoke says Irish 'chickening out'
- Auburn confident it can make athletic fixes
- Fulmer helping restart program at ETSU
- FCS Championship Inside Access Part 1
- North Dakota State earns second FCS title
- Advantageous Bison ground out victory
- Kennesaw State names Bohannon first head coach
- Ejections for hits on defenseless players?
- Delta State reintroduces ‘Fear the Okra’
- CFB: Valdosta St. captures DII national title
- Valdosta St. dominates in DII title win
- Valdosta St. overcomes rough start to win DII title
- DII unveils 2013 football television schedule
- Harlon Hill Trophy namesake dies at 80