SANTA CLARA, Calif. — The Fight Hunger Bowl will move from San Francisco to the 49ers’ new stadium once the venue is completed in 2014.
Bowl organizers, the Santa Clara Stadium Authority and the 49ers announced Tuesday the annual Bay Area bowl game will move into the new stadium in December 2014. Construction on the $1 billion state-of-the-art stadium adjacent to team headquarters is more than 20 percent complete, the 49ers said.
The Fight Hunger Bowl, which is sponsored by Kraft, last year generated three meals for local food banks for each of the 29,878 tickets sold.
Officials used an Oreo cookie for the 2011 opening coin toss at AT&T Park, the San Francisco Giants’ ballpark, where the game has been played since its inception in 2002.
- Kiffin eager to put past problems to rest
- Frazier, Wuerffel to meet again in Hall of Fame
- Spring is crucial for new Pac-12 coaches
- Manziel taking smart approach to doing things he likes
- Michigan's Hoke says Irish 'chickening out'
- Auburn confident it can make athletic fixes
- Fulmer helping restart program at ETSU
- FCS Championship Inside Access Part 1
- North Dakota State earns second FCS title
- Advantageous Bison ground out victory
- Kennesaw State names Bohannon first head coach
- Ejections for hits on defenseless players?
- Delta State reintroduces ‘Fear the Okra’
- CFB: Valdosta St. captures DII national title
- Valdosta St. dominates in DII title win
- Valdosta St. overcomes rough start to win DII title
- DII unveils 2013 football television schedule
- Harlon Hill Trophy namesake dies at 80