WINSTON SALEM, N.C. — WSSU backup quarterback Anthony Carrothers passed for 332 yards and three touchdowns, while Maurice Lewis rushed for 158 yards and two scores as Winston-Salem beat Shippensburg 37-14 in the second round fo the DII tournament Saturday at Bowman Gray Stadium.
Shippensburg finishes the season with an 11-2 record, a PSAC Eastern Division title, its fifth NCAA playoff appearance and its first NCAA playoff victory in over 20 years.
Winston-Salem State (12-0) will host No. 11 IUP next week in the Super Region One championship game. The Crimson Hawks dealt No. 3 New Haven its first loss of the season with a 17-14 road victory on Saturday.
The Rams recorded 525 yards of total offense – the second-highest Shippensburg has allowed in a game this season. Shippensburg also punted the ball a season-high eight times and committed five turnovers, another season high.
- Kiffin eager to put past problems to rest
- Frazier, Wuerffel to meet again in Hall of Fame
- Spring is crucial for new Pac-12 coaches
- Manziel taking smart approach to doing things he likes
- Michigan's Hoke says Irish 'chickening out'
- Auburn confident it can make athletic fixes
- Fulmer helping restart program at ETSU
- FCS Championship Inside Access Part 1
- North Dakota State earns second FCS title
- Advantageous Bison ground out victory
- Kennesaw State names Bohannon first head coach
- Ejections for hits on defenseless players?
- Delta State reintroduces ‘Fear the Okra’
- CFB: Valdosta St. captures DII national title
- Valdosta St. dominates in DII title win
- Valdosta St. overcomes rough start to win DII title
- DII unveils 2013 football television schedule
- Harlon Hill Trophy namesake dies at 80