MANKATO, Minn. — Cayden Cochran passed for 278 yards and two touchdowns and rushed for two second-half scores as Valdosta State defeated Minnesota State-Mankato 35-19 in the semifinals of the Division II playoffs Saturday.
Austin Scott added 159 yards rushing and a touchdown for the Blazers (11-2), who will face the winner of Saturday’s game between Winston-Salem and West Texas A&M in the championship game Dec. 15 in Florence, Ala.
Cochran threw second-quarter touchdowns of 8 yards to Gerald Ford and 9 yards to Seantavious Jones, helping Valdosta State overcome a 10-0 deficit. Cochran added scoring runs of 5 yards and 1 yard in the second half, the latter giving the Blazers a 28-13 lead early in the fourth quarter.
Jones had four receptions for 122 yards in the game.
Minnesota State (13-1) got 195 yards passing and 127 yards rushing from Jon Wolf.
- Kiffin eager to put past problems to rest
- Frazier, Wuerffel to meet again in Hall of Fame
- Spring is crucial for new Pac-12 coaches
- Manziel taking smart approach to doing things he likes
- Michigan's Hoke says Irish 'chickening out'
- Auburn confident it can make athletic fixes
- Fulmer helping restart program at ETSU
- FCS Championship Inside Access Part 1
- North Dakota State earns second FCS title
- Advantageous Bison ground out victory
- Kennesaw State names Bohannon first head coach
- Ejections for hits on defenseless players?
- Delta State reintroduces ‘Fear the Okra’
- CFB: Valdosta St. captures DII national title
- Valdosta St. dominates in DII title win
- Valdosta St. overcomes rough start to win DII title
- DII unveils 2013 football television schedule
- Harlon Hill Trophy namesake dies at 80