Alabama finished the season unanimously ranked No. 1 in both major polls, which were released Tuesday.
The Crimson Tide (13-1) was voted national champion a record ninth time by the Associated Press, capturing all 59 first-place votes after routing Notre Dame 42-14 in the BCS National Championship Game on Monday. Alabama received all 56 top votes in the final USA Today Coaches’ Poll, as well.
|ASSOCIATED PRESS POLL|
|Check out the full rankings.|
Notre Dame (12-1), which entered the game No. 1 in both polls, dropped to No. 4 in the media poll and No. 3 by the coaches. The Fighting Irish have eight AP national titles.
Oregon (12-1) finished second in both polls.
Ohio State (12-0), the only undefeated major college program, finished third in the media poll but was not eligible to be ranked by the coaches because it was banned from the postseason due to NCAA sanctions.
Georgia was No. 4 and Texas A&M fifth in the USA Today poll.
Stanford, South Carolina, Florida State, Clemson and Florida were Nos. 6-10 in the USA Today poll.
Georgia and Texas A&M tied for fifth in the AP poll. The rest of the media top 10 was Stanford, South Carolina, Florida and Florida State.
An SEC team finished first in the AP poll for the seventh consecutive year. The conference represented five teams in the top 10 and seven in the top 25.
• Tide also No. 1 in final Coaches’ poll
- Kiffin eager to put past problems to rest
- Frazier, Wuerffel to meet again in Hall of Fame
- Spring is crucial for new Pac-12 coaches
- Manziel taking smart approach to doing things he likes
- Michigan's Hoke says Irish 'chickening out'
- Auburn confident it can make athletic fixes
- Fulmer helping restart program at ETSU
- FCS Championship Inside Access Part 1
- North Dakota State earns second FCS title
- Advantageous Bison ground out victory
- Kennesaw State names Bohannon first head coach
- Ejections for hits on defenseless players?
- Delta State reintroduces ‘Fear the Okra’
- CFB: Valdosta St. captures DII national title
- Valdosta St. dominates in DII title win
- Valdosta St. overcomes rough start to win DII title
- DII unveils 2013 football television schedule
- Harlon Hill Trophy namesake dies at 80