Louisiana-Lafayette vs. Southern Mississippi: How to watch, live stream, game time for the New Orleans Bowl
Southern Miss looks for its first bowl win since after the 2011 season as it takes on Louisiana-Lafayette in the R+L Carriers New Orleans Bowl at Mercedes-Benz Superdome. Both teams come in with matching 6-6 records.
Louisiana-Lafayette (6-6) vs. Southern Mississippi (6-6)
Dec. 17, 2016
Mercedes-Benz Superdome, New Orleans, La.
How to watch
Game time: 9 p.m. ET
TV Channel: ESPN
Live stream: You can live stream the game here.
Players to watch
- Ito Smith leads the Southern Miss rushing attack with 1,321 yards and 15 touchdowns. He ranks 19th in the nation in rushing yards and 15th in touchdowns.
- Ragin’ Cajuns senior running back Elijah McGuire broke the 1,000-yard mark for the third season in a row with 1,028 yards and seven touchdowns. He’s also caught 28 passes for 231 yards and a pair of scores as well.
- Southern Miss lost last season’s Heart of Dallas Bowl, and hasn’t won a bowl game since winning the Hawaii Bowl over Nevada on Dec. 24, 2011.
- The Golden Eagles started the season 4-1, then lost five of the last seven games to close out the season, including three of its last four.
- Southern Miss boasts the No. 22 passing attack in the nation with an average of 294.3 yards per game.
- This is the fifth time in the last six seasons that the Ragin’ Cajuns have played in the New Orleans Bowl — a game they’re never lost (4-0).
- The New Orleans Bowl is the only bowl game Louisiana-Lafayette has played in during its 44-year stint as a Division I program.
- The Golden Eagles have beaten the Ragin’ Cajuns eight straight times and lead the all-time series 38-11-1.
- Louisiana-Lafayette hasn’t beaten the Golden Eagles since 1993.
- The Ragin’ Cajuns have played with a tight margin all season, averaging 25.8 points per game while allowing 25.1.
- Since opening the season 2-4, Louisiana-Lafayette closed with a 4-2 record.
- Southern Miss kicker Parker Shaunfield is questionable with an undisclosed injury.
- Golden Eagles quarterback Parker Adamson is questionable with a leg injury.