|Top FCS Matchups|
Who: Bethune-Cookman Wildcats at No. 25 Norfolk State Spartans
Who: Cal Poly Mustangs at No. 18 North Dakota Sioux
Who: No. 14 Maine Black Bears at No. 21 Richmond Spiders
Who: No. 12 New Hampshire Wildcats vs. Massachusetts Minutemen
Who: No. 17 Towson Tigers at No. 15 William & Mary Tribe
Who: No. 10 Sam Houston State Bearkats at No. 24 McNeese State Cowboys
|Watch Them Now|
45 Adrian Mora
Key Notes: Mora set the FCS consecutive extra point record with his 127th career extra point in the third quarter against Furman last weekend. The senior surpassed former Montana kicker Chris Snyder who kicked 126 extra points in a row from 2000-03. Mora finished the afternoon with 12 points on six extra points and two field goals to move even closer to Tim Foley’s career-points record (300) for a Georgia Southern kicker. The Mexican native will look to extend his streak this weekend when his No. 1 Eagles host Presbyterian.
Other Players to Watch this Week: Brad Sorenson, Southern Utah (Jr., QB); Kevin Decker, New Hampshire (Sr., QB); Shakir Bell, Indiana State (So., RB); Bryce Robertson, Bucknell (Sr., DB); Doug Johnson, Rhode Island (Jr., LB); Ryan Spadola, Lehigh (Jr., WR).
|Keep Your Eyes on This|
• Massachusetts will eventually call Gillette Stadium home and for the second consecutive year, the Minutemen will host New Hampshire. A year ago, they drew a CAA-record 32,848 fans. Two of the league’s top offensive players will meet, as running back Jonathon Hernandez (seven TDs) and UNH quarterback Kevin Decker (20 total TDs) square off.
• One of the wildest games in all of college football last season took place when Jacksonville State stunned Ole Miss 49-48 in double overtime. The No. 8 Gamecocks get another crack at an SEC team this weekend when they visit struggling Kentucky. JSU has won four in a row since a loss to Chattanooga while the Wildcats are just 2-4 this season. Can the Gamecocks beat another BCS opponent?
- Kiffin eager to put past problems to rest
- Frazier, Wuerffel to meet again in Hall of Fame
- Spring is crucial for new Pac-12 coaches
- Manziel taking smart approach to doing things he likes
- Michigan's Hoke says Irish 'chickening out'
- Auburn confident it can make athletic fixes
- Fulmer helping restart program at ETSU
- FCS Championship Inside Access Part 1
- North Dakota State earns second FCS title
- Advantageous Bison ground out victory
- Kennesaw State names Bohannon first head coach
- Ejections for hits on defenseless players?
- Delta State reintroduces ‘Fear the Okra’
- CFB: Valdosta St. captures DII national title
- Valdosta St. dominates in DII title win
- Valdosta St. overcomes rough start to win DII title
- DII unveils 2013 football television schedule
- Harlon Hill Trophy namesake dies at 80