April 26, 2010
INDIANAPOLIS – The NCAA Division I Women’s Golf Committee has announced the teams and individuals selected to participate in the 2010 NCAA Division I Women’s Golf Championship Regionals.
Three regional tournaments will be conducted May 6-8 to determine the championships field. Regional tournaments are considered preliminary rounds of NCAA championships competition, and all national championships policies apply.
A total of 369 participants have been selected for regional competition. Of these players, 126 will advance to the championships finals. Eight teams and two individuals will advance from each regional.
The championships finals will be held May 18-21 at the Country Club of Landfall in Wilmington, N.C. and be hosted by the University of North Carolina, Wilmington.
The regional sites and the selected teams and individuals are listed below.
The East regional will be played May 6-8 at Ironwood Country Club, Greenville, North Carolina and hosted by East Carolina University. Conference automatic qualifiers are indicated in parenthesis next to the institution.
3. Wake Forest (Atlantic Coast Conference)
9. North Carolina
10. South Carolina
11. Tulane (Conference USA)
12. Chattanooga (Southern Conference)
14. Texas Tech
15. Georgia State (Colonial Athletic Association)
17. East Tennessee State
19. Coastal Carolina
20. East Carolina
21. College of Charleston
22. Stetson (Atlantic Sun Conference)
23. Charleston Southern (Big South Conference)
24. Fairleigh Dickinson (Northeast Conference)
1. Sofia Hagsund, North Carolina-Wilmington
2. Shena Yang, South Florida
3. Nicole Sakamoto, James Madison
The Central regional will be played May 6-8 at the Otter Creek Golf Course, Columbus, Indiana, hosted by Indiana University, Bloomington. Conference automatic qualifiers are indicated in parenthesis next to the institution.
1. Arizona State
2. Southern California
3. Purdue (Big Ten Conference)
4. Michigan State
6. Denver (Sun Belt Conference)
7. New Mexico (Mountain West Conference)
8. Florida State
9. Oklahoma State
10. Louisville (Big East Conference)
12. Kent State (Mid-American Conference)
14. Notre Dame
16. San Diego State
19. North Carolina State
21. Illinois State (Missouri Valley Conference)
22. Murray State (Ohio Valley Conference)
23. Detroit (Horizon League)
24. Jackson State (Southwestern Athletic Conference)
1. Ashley Bauer, Michigan
2. Olivia Lansing, Drake
3. Julia Potter, Missouri
The West regional will be played May 6-8 at the Stanford Golf Course, Stanford, California and hosted by Stanford University. Conference automatic qualifiers are indicated in parenthesis next to the institution.
2. Alabama (Southeastern Conference)
3. Arizona (Pacific-10 Conference)
4. Ohio State
9. Texas A&M (Big 12 Conference)
11. UC Davis (Big West Conference)
14. San Jose State (Western Athletic Conference)
15. San Francisco
17. UC Irvine
18. Iowa State
20. Colorado State
21. Oral Roberts (Summit League)
22. Texas State (Southland Conference)
23. Pennsylvania (Ivy Group)
24. Portland State (Big Sky Conference)
1. Amy Anderson, North Dakota State
2. Teresa Puga, Minnesota
3. Ellen Mueller, Oklahoma