Women's D-I Field Released
April 27, 2009
INDIANAPOLIS - The NCAA Division I Women’s Golf Committee has announced the teams and individuals selected to participate in the 2009 NCAA Division I Women’s Golf Championship Regionals.
Three regional tournaments will be conducted May 7-9 to determine the championships field. Regional tournaments are considered preliminary rounds of NCAA championships competition, and all national championships policies will apply.
A total of 324 participants have been selected for regional competition. Of these players, 126 will advance to the championships finals. Eight teams and two individuals will advance from each regional.
The championships finals will be held May 19-22 at the Caves Valley Golf Club and will be hosted by Georgetown University.
The regional sites and the selected teams and individuals are listed below.
The East regional will be played May 7-9 at the Mark Bostick Golf Course, Gainesville, Florida, hosted by the University of Florida. Conference automatic qualifiers are indicated in parenthesis next to the institution.
2. Auburn (Southeastern Conference)
4. North Carolina
6. Denver (Sun Belt Conference)
10. Tulane (Conference USA)
12. East Carolina
14. South Carolina
15. Furman (Southern Conference)
17. Florida State
18. Central Florida
19. Coastal Carolina (Big South Conference)
20. Stetson (Atlantic Sun Conference)
21. Jackson State (Southwestern Athletic Conference)
1. Susannah Aboff, Princeton
2. Julia Potter, Missouri
3. Jessica Hollandsworth, Maryland
The Central regional will be played May 7-9 at the Scarlet Golf Course, Columbus, Ohio, hosted by The Ohio State University. Conference automatic qualifiers are indicated in parenthesis next to the institution.
2. Oklahoma State (Big 12 Conference)
3. Purdue (Big Ten Conference)
4. Wake Forest (Atlantic Coast Conference)
5. Louisville (Big East Conference)
6. Kent State (Mid-American Conference)
7. Michigan State
8. Ohio State
10. New Mexico (Mountain West Conference)
11. Georgia State (Colonial Athletic Association)
12. Notre Dame
13. North Carolina State
18. Harvard (Ivy Group)
19. Illinois State (Missouri Valley Conference)
20. Murray State (Ohio Valley Conference)
21. Fairleigh Dickinson (Northeast Conference)
1. Kendall Dye, Oklahoma
2. Kayla Mortellaro, Idaho
3. Sara Wikstrom, Arkansas, Little Rock
The West regional will be played May 7-9 at the ASU Karsten Golf Course, Tempe, Arizona, hosted by Arizona State University. Conference automatic qualifiers are indicated in parenthesis next to the institution.
1. Arizona State (Pacific-10 Conference)
2. Southern California
3. Louisiana State
6. San Jose State (Western Athletic Conference)
9. UC Irvine
10. San Francisco
13. Texas A&M
15. Long Beach State (Big West Conference)
19. Oral Roberts (The Summit League)
20. Texas A&M-Corpus Christi (Southland Conference)
21. Northern Arizona (Big Sky Conference)
1. Miki Ueoka, Santa Clara
2. Chelsea Stelzmiller, UC Davis
3. Alice Kim, UC Davis