Division III Men's Ice Hockey field of 11 revealed for 2015 championship
INDIANAPOLIS -- The NCAA Division III Men’s Ice Hockey Committee announced Monday the field of 11 teams for the 2015 NCAA Division III Men’s Ice Hockey Championship.
Seven conferences have been awarded an automatic qualification. The remaining four teams were selected at-large by the committee.
The championship playoff format involves three first-round games and four quarterfinal games that are played on the campuses of the participating institutions. All games in the championship are single elimination.
The four quarterfinal winners will advance to Ridder Arena in Minneapolis for the semifinal and championship games, which will be conducted March 27-28. The Northern Collegiate Hockey Association will host the championship.
Conferences receiving automatic qualification are:
• ECAC DIII Men’s East Hockey League -- Norwich University (24-3-1)
• ECAC DIII Northeast Hockey League -- Nichols College (21-3-3)
• Massachusetts State Collegiate Athletic Conference -- Plymouth State University (16-8-3)
• Minnesota Intercollegiate Athletic Conference -- Hamline University (14-10-4)
• New England Small College Athletic Conference -- Amherst College (21-4-2)
• Northern Collegiate Hockey Association -- Adrian College (23-3-3)
• State University of New York Athletic Conference -- Plattsburgh State University of New York (20-5-2)
Hobart College (21-6-0), the State University of New York at Oswego (18-4-4), Trinity College (Connecticut) (21-3-1) and the University of Wisconsin-Stevens Point (21-6-1) enter the field as the four at-large selections.
The semifinal and championship games will be web streamed live on NCAA.com.
|Norwich||16||2014||24-13-2||3 (2000, 2003, 2010)|
|Oswego State||14||2014||16-17||1 (2007)|
|Plattsburgh State||21||2012||22-20-8||2 (1992, 2001)|
|Wisconsin-Stevens Point||11||2014||21-13-3||4 (1989-91, 1993)|
|* -- Includes 2015.|