2012 NCAA Division II Spring Championships Festival
May 15-19 | Louisville, Ky.
Available for purchase at each of the sport venues:
All-Session Tickets (allows access to all sessions for all sports during the week)
• All-Session Adult Ticket — $15
• All-Session Student/Senior Ticket — $10
Single Day Tickets (allows access to all competition for all sports that particular day)
• Single Day Adult Ticket — $5
• Single Day Student/Senior Ticket — $3
For ticket questions, contact the Louisville Sports Commission at (502) 272-8380 from 9 a.m.-4:30 p.m. Monday through Friday.
|May 15||(M) Golf First Round||Cardinal Club Course||7:30 a.m.-6 p.m.|
|May 16||(M) Golf Second Round||Cardinal Club Course||7:30 a.m.-6 p.m.|
|(W) Golf First Round||Persimmon Ridge CC||8 a.m.-4 p.m.|
|Softball First Round||Knights Field|
|• Game 1||10 a.m.|
|• Game 2||12:30 p.m.|
|• Game 3||3 p.m.|
|• Game 4||5:30 p.m.|
|(M&W) Tennis First Round||Top Gun Tennis Academy||8, 11 a.m.; 2, 5 p.m.|
|May 17||(M) Golf Third Round||Cardinal Club Course||7:30 a.m.-6 p.m.|
|(W) Golf Second Round||Persimmon Ridge CC||8 a.m.-4 p.m.|
|(W) Lacrosse Semifinals||Owsley B. Frazier Stadium||11 a.m., 2 p.m.|
|Softball Second Round||Knights Field|
|• Game 5||10 a.m.|
|• Game 6||12:30 p.m.|
|• Game 7||3 p.m.|
|• Game 8||5:30 p.m.|
|(M&W) Tennis Quarterfinals||Top Gun Tennis Academy||9 a.m.; 1 p.m.|
|May 18||(M) Golf Quarterfinals, Semifinals||Cardinal Club Course||7:30 a.m.-6 p.m.|
|(W) Golf Third Round||Persimmon Ridge CC||8 a.m.-4 p.m.|
|Softball Quarterfinals||Knights Field|
|• Game 9||10 a.m.|
|• Game 10||12:30 p.m.|
|• Game 11||3 p.m.|
|• Game 12||5:30 p.m.|
|(M&W) Tennis Semifinals||Top Gun Tennis Academy||9 a.m.; 1 p.m.|
|May 19||(M) Golf Championship Round||Cardinal Club Course||10 a.m.-3 p.m.|
|(W) Golf Championship Round||Persimmon Ridge CC||8 a.m.-4 p.m.|
|(W) Lacrosse Finals||Owsley B. Frazier Stadium||2 p.m.|
|Softball Semifinals, Finals||Knights Field|
|• Game 13||10 a.m. or 12:30 p.m. (if necessary)|
|• Game 14||12:30 p.m. (if necessary)|
|Championship Game||4 p.m.|
|(M&W) Tennis Finals||Top Gun Tennis Academy||9 a.m.; 1 p.m.|
Festival 5K for Wishes
• 8 a.m. May 19 at Riverfront Downtown Louisville
Join the NCAA Division II for the inaugural Festival 5K for Wishes to kick off the Saturday’s six NCAA championships in one day in one city. Participants will receive a DII Festival T-shirt, an all-day pass to the six championships scheduled on Saturday and a commemorative DII gift. All proceeds and donations will benefit the Make-A-Wish Foundation.
The Make-A-Wish fundraising campaign is an integral part of the overall DII “Life in the Balance” philosophy. Division II was the first NCAA division to sponsor a division-wide community service campaign, and during 2010-11 DII institutions and student-athletes raised more than $405,000 for the Foundation. During the previous seven years, the DII SAAC has raised more than $1.9 million, helping to grant many wishes for courageous kids.
Online registration is $20, with on-site registration $25. The first 1,000 registrants will receive a Festival 5K for Wishes T-shirt.
• Register: Festival 5K for Wishes
• Course Description: The course is a beautiful out and back course that runs along the river’s edge. The start and finish of the race will be located on the wharf of Waterfront Park, on the river side of Joe’s Crab Shack. On the way out to the turn around you will run by the magnificent Belle of Louisville and the Locks of Louisville. After you make the turn around you will make the return trek to the finish line with a beautiful view of downtown. The course is fairly flat with a few rolling hills to add a bit of variance to the run.
|2014-15||Fall||Dec. 2-6, 2014|
|2015-16||Spring||May 16-21, 2016|
|2016-17||Winter||March 5-11, 2017|
|2018-19||Fall||Nov. 27-Dec. 1, 2018|
|2019-20||Spring||May 11-16, 2020|
|2020-21||Winter||March 7-13, 2021|
|2022-23||Fall||Nov. 29-Dec. 3, 2022|
|2023-24||Spring||May 13-18, 2024|
About the Division II Fesitval
More than 1,000 student-athletes will compete for six national championships when the NCAA, in conjunction with Bellarmine University and Greater Louisville Sports Commission, plays host to the 2012 NCAA Division II National Championships Festival on May 15-19 in Louisville, Ky.
What is it?
• Division II National Championships Festivals are the only place in the NCAA where six champions will be crowned in a single event.
• The festival experience provides an unparalleled opportunity to celebrate the achievements of more than 1,000 DII student-athletes.
• In addition to high-level athletic competition, the NCAA also recognizes academic achievement in the various sports represented at the festival.
• The festival is held every year while rotating the season of sports to include spring, winter and fall.
• Opening and closing ceremonies, community engagement projects, social opportunities for the student-athletes, and a fan festival are hallmark events at the festivals. Student-athletes also are housed in centrally-located hotels, allowing for an athlete-village type atmosphere.
• The 2012 NCAA Division II National Championships Festival will feature student-athletes across the sports of men’s and women’s golf; women’s lacrosse; men’s and women’s tennis; and softball.
• This Louisville-based event will be the sixth national championships festival hosted by DII.
• All championship events will be open to the public.
• The goal of the NCAA Division II National Championships Festival is to enhance the student-athlete collegiate experience and to create more exposure for DII sports.
• The festival agenda also is designed to positively impact the lives of the greater Louisville community through education and experiences.
Festival Host Sites
• Division II held its first festival in Spring 2004 in Orlando, Fla., and conducted a fall-sports version in November 2006 in Pensacola, Fla. The Spring 2008 and Winter 2009 festivals were held in Houston, with the most current held in Fall 2010 in Louisville, Ky.