CBS Sports, Turner Sports to provide live DI men’s basketball tourney coverage
For the third consecutive year, CBS Sports and Turner Sports will provide live coverage of all 67 games from the 2013 NCAA Division I Men’s Basketball Championship across four national television networks -- TBS, CBS, TNT and truTV. Turner Sports and CBS Sports will present fully integrated game and studio productions across the four networks with pregame, halftime, bridge and postgame shows from studios in Atlanta and New York. Studio shows will include The Road to The Final Four and Infiniti NCAA Tip-Off pregame shows, AT&T at the Half, Capital One Tournament Central and the Inside March Madness presented by Buick postgame show.
The 2013 Division I Men’s Basketball Championship will tip off in primetime with the NCAA First Four on truTV presented by Northwestern Mutual on March 19-20, with coverage beginning at 6 p.m. ET both nights. Coverage will culminate with the Final Four games on April 6, and for the 32nd consecutive year, CBS Sports broadcasts the national championship game, which airs at 9 p.m. Monday from the Georgia Dome in Atlanta.
Additional highlights include:
• Turner Sports will televise 41 games across its three television networks (TBS, TNT and truTV).
• CBS will broadcast 26 games, including the second round, third round, Sweet 16, Elite 8, Final Four and national championship. CBS also will air the Division II Men’s National Championship Game at 4 p.m. April 7 from Philips Arena.
• TBS will televise 16 contests including games in the second round, third round and Sweet 16.
• truTV, including the First Four, will air a total of 13 games also spanning the second and third rounds.
• TNT will televise 12 games including second- and third-round matchups.
Coverage of the 2013 NCAA Tournament will culminate with extensive live coverage of the Final Four games and national championship from Atlanta. Saturday’s Final Four coverage will begin on CBS with The Final Four Show (4-6 p.m.), followed by the broadcast of the two national semifinal games beginning at 6 p.m. truTV will wrap up the day’s Final Four coverage with Inside March Madness presented by Buick.
NCAA March Madness Live, managed by Turner Sports and in partnership with the NCAA and CBS Sports, will provide live streaming video of every broadcast for the 2013 NCAA Division I Men’s Basketball Championship from the First Four through the National Championship Game.
Follow us on Twitter: @MarchMadnessTV for schedule updates and the latest NCAA tournament broadcast news and information.