NCAA.com launches mobile event apps for men's and women's Final Four
College basketball fans attending the NCAA Men’s Final Four in Atlanta or the NCAA Women’s Final Four in New Orleans will have an all-access pass for events around the weekend courtesy of new apps available for the iPhone and iPod touch, as well as Android devices. The NCAA Final Four Atlanta App presented by AT&T and the NCAA Women’s Final Four App will include complete event schedules, interactive maps, news, concert lineups, ticket information, seating charts, social sharing and more.
Additionally, NCAA.com will feature microsites for fans attending either the Men’s Final Four (www.ncaa.com/finalfour) in Atlanta or the Women’s Final Four (www.ncaa.com/womensfinalfour) in New Orleans. Each site will include a variety of news and information, including fans events, venue information, concert lineups and local festivities, as well as local city highlights and information.
“As college basketball fans gather in Atlanta and New Orleans, the NCAA Final Four mobile apps are the perfect guide to all of the events and activities in both host cities,” said Mark Johnson, vice president of business operations for Turner Sports/NCAA Digital. “We are excited to expand our mobile product offering to include NCAA Championship event apps. When combined with NCAA March Madness Live and extensive game coverage on NCAA.com, NCAA Digital has both Final Fours covered.”
The NCAA Final Four Atlanta App presented by AT&T will include:
• The AT&T Fan Zone featuring the AT&T Prize Pursuit, a scavenger hunt, allowing fans to complete challenges throughout the city and win prizes.
• The Coke Zero Insider’s Guide providing fans special offers around the city and helping fans keep track of all the Coke Zero events and the POWERADE® NCAA Youth Clinics and POWERADE 3v3 basketball tournament.
• A daily event schedule providing fans with directions, maps and lists of all the weekend’s festivities including Bracket Town™, The Big Dance® Concert Series, Final Four Friday® and more.
• An interactive map with venue specific information, along with details on fan gatherings and merchandise outlets in the city.
• A Social Stream keeping fans engaged with official tweets during Final Four weekend.
• NCAA Final Four and team merchandise locations around the city for fans to purchase Final Four gear, and the complete line of National Champion apparel after the title game.
Features of the NCAA Women’s Final Four App include:
• A daily schedule of events, including directions, maps for Super Saturday, Tourney Town™ and the POWERADE NCAA Youth Clinics.
• A city guide of New Orleans, including restaurants, maps and transportation options.
• The Women’s Final Four Trivia section in which fans can test their knowledge of previous Women’s Final Fours.
In addition to the Final Four app and microsites, NCAA.com will continue to provide exclusive March Madness content throughout the Final Four with NCAA March Madness Live, the exclusive video streaming suite of online and mobile products, as well as editorial coverage, score updates, real-time game highlights, postgame photo galleries, press conferences and more.
The NCAA Final Four Atlanta App presented by AT&T is available for free from the App Store on iPhone and iPod touch or at www.ncaa.com/final-four/app