NCAA.com debuts new version of sports app with exclusive live streaming video
NCAA.com, managed by Turner Sports, has introduced a completely redesigned NCAA Sports app presented by Buick that provides fans with a more personalized viewing experience, enhanced navigation features and broader social integration. The app for iPhone and iPod touch has been completely redesigned for iOS 7 and is available now on the App store or as a free update to existing users. Additionally, for the first time, the app is available for Android smartphones via Google Play and offers exclusive live streaming video for more than 65 NCAA championships, along with comprehensive regular season coverage including live scoring and custom alerts.
Arriving in time for the NCAA Division I Men’s Basketball Championship, the app will include real-time scores, scheduling information and highlights throughout the championship. Turner Sports and CBS Sports will provide live coverage of all 67 games from the championship including the Final Four on Saturday, April 5, airing exclusively on TBS for the first time and the National Championship on Monday, April 7, broadcast on CBS.
Features for the NCAA Sports app include:
- Exclusive Live Video Coverage – direct access to more than 350 live events from more than 65 NCAA championships;
- Scores and Schedules – available for football, men’s and women’s basketball, baseball, softball, men’s and women’s lacrosse, men’s and women’s soccer, men’s and women’s volleyball and field hockey; In addition to the NCAA Sports app, NCAA.com – redesigned earlier this year across all devices – features daily content offerings that include editorial coverage, real-time game highlights, scores and schedules, standings, rankings and a NCAA championship hub for coverage of all 89 NCAA championships.
- Custom Scoring Alerts – upset alerts and favorite school alerts for FBS & FCS football and men’s basketball (Division I);
- Team Hubs – real-time information on each school with the latest scores, news and social media content aggregated in one destination;
- NCAA Top 100 – a tracking of the school registering the most popularity within the app.
“We redesigned the NCAA Sports App with a fan-first approach, providing direct access to live streaming video and a more personalized experience with deeper levels of engagement,” said Mark Johnson, vice president, business operations, Turner Sports and NCAA Digital. “The NCAA Sports App is a great resource for fans to watch live NCAA Championships and keep up with all the latest information on their favorite schools.”
In addition to the NCAA Sports app, NCAA.com – redesigned earlier this year across all devices – features daily content offerings that include editorial coverage, real-time game highlights, scores and schedules, standings, rankings and a NCAA championship hub for coverage of all 89 NCAA championships.