Men's soccer: Boston College stuns No. 4 North Carolina in ACC quarters
Score: Boston College 1, No. 4 North Carolina 0
Records: Boston College (8-7-3), North Carolina (11-3-3)
Location: Fetzer Field, Chapel Hill, N.C.
- Senior Zeiko Lewis scored the lone goal of the match in the 58th minute.
- He has scored all three Boston College goals in the ACC tournament.
- Sophomore Cedric Saladin made seven saves in goal, including five in the first half.
Lewis scored his third goal in the last two matches when his shot hit a defender and got past the goalkeeper to give Boston College a 1-0 lead in the 58th minute.
HOW IT HAPPENED
- North Carolina had an 8-2 advantage in shots in the first half.
- The Tar Heels took the first four shots of the match and Saladin was forced to make a pair of saves in the first 24 minutes.
- Saladin made five overall in the first half while the BC offense did not have a shot on net.
- After Saladin made a save on a Nils Bruenig shot in the 58th minute, yellow cards were assessed to both Saladin and UNC's Andy Lopez.
- Lewis found the net 15 seconds after the cards were issued to give the Eagles the 1-0 lead.
- North Carolina took the final four shots of the match but could not find the equalizer. Saladin's last save came in the 69th minute.
Boston College travels to #3 Clemson on November 9 for the right to play in the ACC Championship match.