Defending champ West Fla. returns for 2013 DII Women's Soccer Championship
INDIANAPOLIS -- The NCAA Division II Women’s Soccer Committee on Monday announced the field of 48 teams for the 2013 NCAA Division II Women’s Soccer Championship. Each of the eight regions received six championship berths. Nineteen automatic berths are awarded for the Women’s Soccer Championship.
For first- and second-round competition, teams will be paired in their respective regions with the No. 4 seed playing the No. 5 seed; and the No. 3 seed playing the No. 6 seed Nov. 15, with the exception of the West region sites, which will play on Nov. 14. The winner of the No.4/5 seed game will advance to play the No. 1 seed and the winner of the No. 3/6 seed game will play the No. 2 seed on Nov. 17, with the exception of the West region, which will play on Nov. 16. All games will be played on the campus of a participating institution and will consist of two sites per region.
The two finalists in each region will advance to the third- and quarterfinal-round competition to be played Nov. 22 and 24. The semifinals and championship games will be played Dec. 5 and 7 at Blanchard Woods Park in Evans, Ga., and hosted by the Peach Belt Conference.
The first-round sites and team matchups are:
West Chester (13-7-0) vs. Kutztown (12-6-0)
* California (PA) (17-2-2) vs. winner of West Chester/Kutztown
Shippensburg (11-5-3) vs. Edinboro (12-5-2)
* Slippery Rock (13-3-2) vs. winner of West Chester/Edinboro
Central Mo. (14-3-2) vs. Southwest Minn. St. (14-3-2)
* Minn. St. Mankato (17-2-2) vs. winner of Central Mo./Southwest Minn. St.
Winona St. (15-3-2) vs. Southwest Baptist (14-5-1)
* Minn. Duluth (15-3-0) vs. winner of Winona St./Southwest Baptist
Adelphi (13-2-4) vs. Mercy (13-4-1)
* Saint Rose (19-0-2) vs. winner of Adelphi/Mercy
Bridgeport (17-2-0) vs. Caldwell (13-5-2)
* American Int'l (15-2-2) vs. winner of Bridgeport/Caldwell
Truman (12-4-4) vs. Rockhurst (12-5-3)
* Grand Valley State (19-0-1) vs. winner of Truman/Rockhurst
Wis.-Parkside (13-4-3) vs. Michigan Tech (14-5-1)
* Quincy (17-0-4) vs. winner of Wis.-Parkside/Michigan Tech
Valdosta St. (9-4-3) vs Florida Tech (11-5-2)
* West Florida (13-0-3) vs. winner of Valdosta St./Florida Tech
Tampa (13-3-1) vs. Barry (12-4-2)
* Rollins (14-3-0) vs. winner of Tampa/Barry
South Central Region
Midwestern St. (13-3-3) vs. Metro St. (12-4-3)
* Colorado Mines (19-0-1) vs. winner of Midwestern St./ Metro St.
St. Edward’s (16-0-2) vs. Tex. A&M-Commerce (11-5-2)
* Fort Lewis (16-5-0) vs. winner of St. Edward’s/ Tex. A&M-Commerce
Columbus St. (14-6-0) vs. Clayton St. (11-3-6)
* Wingate (15-2-3) vs. winner of Columbus St./Clayton St.
Belmont Abbey (14-3-3) vs Pfeiffer (13-6-1)
* Lenoir-Rhyne (14-4-1) vs. winner of Belmont Abbey/Pfeiffer
Cal St. San Bernadino (11-6-3) vs. California Baptist (12-5)
* Cal St. Stanislaus (18-0-2) vs. winner of Cal St. San Bernadino/California Baptist
Sonoma St. (13-4-3) vs. Seattle Pacific (14-5-1)
* Western Wash. (17-1-1) vs. winner of Sonoma St./Seattle Pacific.
* -- Host institution