Boise State 4, North Carolina
Boise State 4, North Carolina 1May 13, 2005
BOISE, Idaho - No. 31 Boise State will meet No. 16 Texas A&M Saturday, May 14th at 5:30 p.m. at the Boise State Appleton Tennis Center. The Broncos defeated No. 34 North Carolina 4-1 in a tightly contested match. The Aggies defeated Montana State, by a score of 4-0.
The Broncos won the doubles point with wins at the number one and two positions. Boise State freshman Eric Roberson picked up the first singles win at five. North Carolina then won at six with Sebastian Guejman defeating the Broncos' Beck Roghaar. As the three and five positions went to three sets, Boise State's Thomas Schoeck got the team's third point at the second position. Bronco freshman Luke Shields followed Schoeck with a wild 6-4 7-6 win at number one for the team victory.
Boise State 4, North Carolina 1 Doubles:
1. Schoeck/Shields (BSU) def. Boyd/Pomeroy (UNC) 8-4
2. Jobe/Silva (BSU) def. Janda/Luchici (UNC) 9-7
3. Aly Mandour/Porter (UNC) def. Roberson/Brett Werbeck (BSU) 8-6
Order of finish: 1-3-2
1. Luke Shields (BSU) def. Raian Luchici (UNC) 6-4, 7-6(6)
2. Thomas Schoeck (BSU) def. Brad Pomeroy (UNC) 6-4, 6-4
3. Geoff Boyd (UNC) vs. Matias Silva (BSU) DNF
4. Derek Porter (UNC) vs. Ikaika Jobe (BSU) DNF
5. Eric Roberson (BSU) def. Jonathan Janda (UNC) 6-0, 6-4
6. Sebastian Guejman (UNC) def. Beck Roghaar (BSU) 7-6(4), 6-2
Order of finish: 5-6-2-1-stopped.
-- Courtesy Boise St.