St. Cloud State Earns First-Ever Berth In D-II National Tournament
May 7, 2010
Courtesy of St. Cloud State
St. Cloud State will advance to NCAA Division II final rounds in Altamonte Springs, Fla. on May 12-15. This marks the first time that St. Cloud State has advanced to the NCAA Division II finals.
In the match against Mesa State (13-9), the Huskies (24-6) charted three wins in doubles action, and then completed the victory with a 6-0, 6-3 win by Kelly Freese at #2 singles and a 6-1, 6-0 win by Samantha Boushek at #5 singles for the Huskies.
Listed below are the complete results for the match, which was played indoor at the Gold's Gym Tenis Center in Sartell. The match was moved indoors due to rain in the St. Cloud area on May 7.
St. Cloud State University 5, Mesa State College Women 0
1. Doll, Jacquelyn (SCSUW) vs. Kelleen Sera (MSCW) unfinished
2. Freese, Kelly (SCSUW) def. Kate Lowder (MSCW) 6-0, 6-3
3. Franca, Catarina (SCSUW) vs. Victoria Sargent (MSCW) unfinished
4. Lenz, Kayla (SCSUW) vs. Kaitlan Sera (MSCW) unfinished
5. Boushek, Samantha (SCSUW) def. Amber Armendarez (MSCW) 6-1, 6-0
6. Halloran, Tanya (SCSUW) vs. Cyndle Curfman (MSCW) unfinished
1. Doll, Jacquelyn/Freese, Kelly (SCSUW) def. Kate Lowder/Victoria Sargent (MSCW) 8-4
2. Lenz, Kayla/Franca, Catarina (SCSUW) def. Kaitlan Sera/Kelleen Sera (MSCW) 8-6
3. Boushek, Samantha/Halloran, Tanya (SCSUW) def. Amber Armendarez/Cyndle Curfman (MSCW) 8-6