Williams 5, Bowdoin
Williams 5, Bowdoin 4May 7, 2005
MIDDLEBURY, Vt. - The Williams College women's tennis team advanced to the NCAA regional final with a 5-4 win over Bowdoin on Saturday. The Ephs will take on the host school from Middlebury, a 5-0 winner over Vassar, at 1:00 p.m. on Sunday. The winner advances to the NCAA Quarterfinals on May 18-20th at Kalamazoo College in Michigan.
Bowdoin jumped out to a 2-1 advantage after capturing two of three doubles points. The singles play was tight, with three of the matches going to third sets. Kara Perriello won a three set match, while Kristin Raymond and Julia Shaver were straight set winners for Bowdoin. Courtney Bartlett and Lauren Ayres of Williams each earned wins for the Ephs, with Ayres coming from a set down.
The match was tied at 3-3, with Allie Rottkamp of Williams and Christine D'Elia of Bowdoin going to a tie-breaker. Rottkamp was able to emerge with the 8-6 win, earning the Ephs a trip to the regional final.
Williams 5, Bowdoin 4
1. Kara Perriello (B) def. Brittany Binet (W) 2-6, 6-3, 6-3
2. Courtney Bartlett (W) def. Kelsey Hughes (B) 6-2, 7-5
3. Allie Rottkamp (W) def. Christine D'Elia (B) 0-6, 6-1, 7-6 (6)
4. Kristin Raymond (B) def. Annie Schneidman (W) 6-2, 6-3
5. Julia Shaver (B) def. Katrina Ferrara (W) 6-1, 6-0
6. Lauren Ayres (W) def. Kristina Sisk (B) 1-6, 7-5, 6-3
1. Allie Rottkamp/Annie Schneidman (W) def. Lauren Gray/Kelsey Hughes (B) 8-3
2. Brittany Binet/Courtney Bartlett (W) def. Julia Shaver/Kristina Sisk (B) 9-7
3. Kristin Raymond/Christina D'Elia (B) def. Jane Kelley/Lauren Ayres (W) 9-8 (4)
-- Courtesy Bowdoin