NCAA cancels DII women's basketball championship amid coronavirus concerns
The NCAA released the following statement on Thursday afternoon, announcing all winter and spring championships have been cancelled. This includes the 2020 DII women's basketball championship.
We're tracking the DII tournament all the way to Birmingham
The 2020 DII women's basketball tournament tips off with 64 teams beginning the quest to reach Birmingham for the championship game on March 27. Here is where you can find the schedule, scores and bracket for the entire 2020 DII women's basketball championship.
The 64-team field was announced Sunday, March 8, on NCAA.com. All teams begin play in a single-elimination tournament beginning March 13. The three-day regional tournaments will be held at the top seed's home court between March 14-17. The 2020 DII Women's Elite Eight heads to the Birmingham CrossPlex on March 24 where the quarterfinals, semifinals and championship game will be held over a four-day span.
Here are the schedule and scores for the first round on March 13 (all times Eastern):
- No. 6 Le Moyne vs. No. 3 St. Anselm, noon
- No. 6 Carson-Newman vs. No. 3 Anderson (SC), noon
- No. 6 Benedict vs. No. 3 Tampa, noon
- No. 8 Fayetteville State vs. No. 1 Indiana (Pa), noon
- No. 6 St. Cloud State vs. No. 3 Sioux Falls, 1 p.m.
- No. 6 Lewis vs. No. 3 Walsh, 1 p.m.
- No. 6 Western Colorado vs. West Texas A&M, 1 p.m.
- No. 5 Virginia Union vs. No. 4 Bowie State, 2:20 p.m.
- No. 7 Daemen vs. No. 2 Stonehill, 2:30 p.m.
- No. 7 Florida Southern vs. No. 2 Union (TN), 2:30 p.m.
- No. 7 Clayton State vs. No. 2 North Georgia, 2:30 p.m.
- No. 7 Fort Hays State vs. No. 2 Minnesota Duluth, 3:30 p.m.
- No. 7 Southern Indiana vs. No. 2 Ashland, 3:30 p.m.
- No. 7 Eastern New Mexico vs. No. 2 Texas A&M-Commerce, 3:30 p.m.
- No. 7 Cal (Pa) vs. No. 2 Gannon, 5 p.m.
- No. 8 Jefferson vs. No. 1 Adelphi, 5 p.m.
- No. 8 UAH vs. No. 1 Lee, 5 p.m.
- No. 8 Limestone vs. No. 1 Lander, 5 p.m.
- No. 8 Southwestern Oklahoma State vs. No. 1 Central Missouri, 6 p.m.
- No. 8 Angelo State vs. No. 1 Lubbock Christian, 6 p.m.
- No. 8 Lindenwood vs. No. 1 Drury, 6 p.m.
- No. 6 Northwest Nazarene vs. UC San Diego 6 p.m.
- No. 6 Notre Dame (OH) vs. No. 3 Glenville State, 7:30 p.m.
- No. 5 Molloy vs. No. 4 USciences, 7:30 p.m.
- No. 5 Eckerd vs. No. 4 Delta State, 7:30 p.m.
- No. 5 Belmont Abbey vs. No. 4 Tusculum, 7:30 p.m.
- No. 7 Western Washington vs. No. 2 Alaska Anchorage, 8:30 p.m.
- No. 5 Southeastern Oklahoma State vs. No. 4 Emporia State, 8:30 p.m.
- No. 5 Ferris State vs. No. 4 Grand Valley State, 8:30 p.m.
- No. 5 Wesminster (UT) vs. No. 4 Colorado Mesa, 8:30 p.m.
- No. 8 Cal Poly Pomona vs. No. 1 Hawaii Pacific, 11:00 p.m.
- No. 5 Azusa Pacific vs. No. 4 Cal State San Marcos, 1:30 a.m.
The 2020 DII women's basketball automatic bids
Of the 64-team field that was announced on Sunday, March 8, 23 teams earned an automatic qualification for the NCAA DII tournament by winning their respective conference championships. We tracked those automatic bids, most of which were decided on the weekend of March 7-8.