College basketball: Schedule, latest COVID-19 news for the 2020-21 season
Duke, North Carolina A&T withdraw from conference tournaments due to positive tests
Missoury Valley tournament game between Northern Iowa and Drake canceled
Tonight's Missouri Valley tournament quarterfinal game between Northern Iowa and Drake has been canceled.
The Bulldogs advance to the semifinals and will face the winner of the Missouri State-Valparaiso game on Saturday, March 6 at 4:05 p.m. ET.
Big South announces Charleston Southern's regular season finale is canceled, Gardner-Webb moves to quarterfinals
Pac-12 adjusts end of men's basketball regular season
On Monday, the Pac-12 announced that originally scheduled conference games have been adjusted for the end of the regular season. Here's the remaining conference schedule:
Monday, Feb. 22
- Oregon at USC - 6 p.m. PT (FS1)
Tuesday, Feb. 23
- Washington at Arizona State - 6 p.m. PT (PAC12N)
Thursday, Feb. 25
- Washington at Arizona State - 4 p.m. PT (FS1)
- UCLA at Utah - 5 p.m. PT (PAC12N)
- Oregon at Stanford - 6 p.m. PT (ESPN/2/U)
- USC at Colorado - 6 p.m. PT (ESPN/2/U)
- Oregon State at California - 7 p.m. PT (PAC12N)
- Washington State at Arizona - 8 p.m. PT (FS1)
Saturday, Feb. 27
- Washington at Arizona - 11 a.m. PT (CBS)
- Washington State at Arizona State - 1:30 p.m. PT (PAC12N)
- Oregon State at Stanford - 4 p.m. PT (PAC12N)
- USC at Utah - 5 p.m. PT (ESPN2/U)
- Oregon at California - 7 p.m. PT (FS1)
- UCLA at Colorado - 7 p.m. PT (ESPN/2/U)
Monday, March 1
- Arizona at Oregon - (ESPN/2)
- Washington State at Arizona State - 12 p.m. PT (PAC12N)
Wednesday, March 3
- UCLA at Oregon - (ESPN2)
- Oregon State at Utah - 4 p.m. PT (ESPN2/U)
- Stanford at USC - 7:30 p.m. PT (FS1)
Thursday, March 4
- Arizona State at Colorado - (ESPN2/U)
Saturday, March 6
- Arizona State at Utah
- USC at UCLA - 1 p.m. PT (CBS)
Sunday, March 7
- Oregon at Oregon State
3 American Athletic Conference games postponed
The American Athletic Conference announced Monday evening the postponement of Thursday's (Feb. 25) and Sunday's (Feb. 28) Wichita vs. SMU games "due to a continuation of a suspension of activities at SMU."
The AAC also postponed Saturday's East Carolina-Tulsa contest "due to a continuation of a suspension of activities at East Carolina," per the release.
Iona men's basketball will not be able to finish its regular season
On Monday, Iona announced that it will not be able to finish its regular season because of a positive COVID-19 test within the program's Tier 1 personnel.
The Gaels plan on competing in the 2021 MAAC tournament that begins on March 8.
UNC men's basketball to play Marquette on Wednesday, Feb. 24
Bellarmine pauses activity
Fordham athletics pauses all competitions, practices
Fordham athletics has paused all competitions and practices after a spike in COVID-19 cases on campus. "The pause is necessary to reduce the infection rate, as required by New York state," according to the release.
Fordham women's basketball holds a 11-3 record, while the men are 2-11. The women had to postpone the La Salle (2/14), George Mason (2/18) and George Washington (2/20) games. The men had to cancel its contest against St. Bonaventure on Wednesday.
3 ACC men's basketball games postponed, another rescheduled
The Atlantic Coast Conference announced Tuesday the postponement of three men's basketball games taking place between Saturday, Feb. 20 and Tuesday, Feb. 23 due to COVID-19. Here are the postponed matchups:
- Virginia Tech at Florida State. Was scheduled for Saturday, Feb. 20.
- Clemson at Pittsburgh. Was scheduled for Sunday, Feb. 21.
- North Carolina at Boston College. Was scheduled for Tuesday, Feb. 23.
In response to these postponements, Florida State will now play Pittsburgh on February 20, which make up for their original game scheduled on January 9.
Texas-Oklahoma, Texas Tech-TCU men's basketball games postponed
West Virginia-Baylor men's basketball game scheduled for Thursday, Feb. 25
Baylor announced that its previously-postponed home game against West Virginia has been rescheduled for Thursday, Feb. 25. It was originally scheduled for Jan. 12, but was postponed to Feb. 18. The contest was then postponed once more.
Tipoff and television info have not yet been determined.
Maine men's basketball is opting out of the remainder of its season
Two ACC women's basketball games postponed
On Friday, the ACC announced that two women's basketball games have been postponed.
The Louisville-Syracuse game scheduled for Sunday, Feb. 14, was postponed because of "a positive test, subsequent quarantining and contact tracing within the Louisville women’s basketball program."
The Notre Dame-NC State game scheduled for Monday, Feb. 15, was postponed due to "positive tests, subsequent quarantining and contact tracing within the Notre Dame women’s basketball program."