FAQs- Know Before You Go
WHERE IS IT
Where is March Madness Music Festival?
The Festival takes place at Discovery Green in the heart of downtown Houston, adjacent to the George R Brown Convention Center. The two fan entrances to the Festival are located on Avenida De Las Americas at Dallas and McKinney Streets, adjacent to the Hilton Americas and Mariott Marquis hotels.
HOW DO I REGISTER FOR A FREE TICKET?
How do I register for a free ticket? Will re-entry be allowed?
Fans can register for their free tickets at http://ncaa.com/marchmadness/musicfest Tickets are not transferable, and government issued IDs must be shown onsite during the check-in process and must match the name on the ticket.
Beware of false ticket or registration sites and resellers. Tickets will ONLY be available through the registration site http://ncaa.com/marchmadness/musicfest and tickets cannot be sold or transferred.
If you show up at the concert with a ticket that wasn’t obtained by personally registering through http://ncaa.com/marchmadness/musicfest, then you will not be allowed entry into the event.
Re-entry is not guaranteed.
Can I register on site day of the event?
Registration is required for entry. If the event is not sold out and if capacity allows, you may be allowered to register on-site.
What do I need to enter the festival?
You need to register for a free ticket via http://ncaa.com/marchmadness/musicfest. Check-in instructions will be provided to all registered ticket holders.
Do you have to be a certain age to register for tickets?
Yes, you must be 16 years of age or older with a valid government issued ID to register for tickets. Each guest can register for up to two (2) tickets. Children under 16 must be accompanied by someone over 16
What types of bags are allowed inside the festival?
No bags larger than 5.5” by 8.5” allowed (clear plastic bags up to 12”x6”x12” are permitted). Refer to the Prohibited Items section for more details.
What if it rains?
March Madness Music Festival is a rain or shine event. Please check the weather prior to arriving so you are dressed appropriately. Note that umbrellas will not be permitted inside the festival. Festival event managers will work with local law enforcement and media outlets to inform the public in case dangerous weather approaches that would force the festival to close.
WHEN CAN I ARRIVE?
When do queue lines open?
Queue lines will open at 7 a.m. NO overnight camping is allowed.
When do the festival gates open?
Gates will open at the following times:
AT&T Block Party - Friday, March 31: 4 p.m.
Coca-Cola Move - Saturday, April 1: 3 p.m.
Capital One JamFest - Sunday, April 2: 2:30 p.m.
Please refer to your ticket for specific entry instructions
Note: Hours are subject to change.
What is the best mode of transportation to the festival?
Click HERE to find out about getting to and around Houston via planes, trains, and automobiles. Click HERE for your trip on METRO Rail. Click HERE for current parking information.
Can I ride my bike?
Bikes are allowed in the downtown area; however, bikes are required to be walked through any street closure zone surrounding the March Madness Music Festival. Bikes are not allowed inside the festival. Information on the b-cyle program can be found here: https://houston.bcycle.com/station-map
WHAT IS HAPPENING ALL DAY?
Besides the musical acts, what else can I do at the festival?
Great question! You can go for a ride on the Capital One Ferris Wheel, sample Coca-Cola’s newest product line, Coca-Cola Move, and check out AT&T’s coolest products and technology. Don’t forget to buy some pizza at the Pizza Hut Mobile Kitchen and pick up Men’s Final Four swag at the NCAA® Official Team Store. You can also purchase drinks and concessions at the March Madness Music Festival Beer Garden, as well as at other concessions locations inside the park.
Should I bring cash or a credit card?
Credit/Debit cards will be the preferred method of payment for all vendors throughout the festival. Cash will be accepted at most locations for those who do not have a card. Capital One cardholders can receive a 10% discount on merchandise purchased at the NCAA® Official Team Store when they present their Capital One card.
Will there be food options?
A variety of concessions and food trucks will be available throughout the festival grounds.
What forms of ID are required to purchase alcohol?
A valid state driver's license or other government issued ID must be presented at time of purchase.
Can I pass out flyers inside or outside the festival?
No, this is not permitted.
WHAT ELSE IS GOING ON IN HOUSTON?
Where can I purchase NCAA® Men’s Final Four® tickets, find activities with daily schedules going on within Houston, and other event information?
The NCAA Final Four Houston App presented by AT&T is the official app to help you make the most of all of the excitement and events over Men’s Final Four weekend in and around Houston! Find all of the must-see activities with daily schedules, event information, and even buy tickets right through the app: NCAA.com/MFFApp
If you have questions or require assistance to accommodate a special need (i.e., provision of an assistive listening device, sign language interpreter or other auxiliary aid), please contact email@example.com.
The following items are prohibited from March Madness Music Festival:
- Animals (except service animals to aid guests with disabilities)
- Artificial noisemakers or noisemaking devices of any kind.
- Prohibited bags include, but are not limited to, the following: all purses, bags or containers larger than a small clutch bag, coolers, briefcases, backpacks, fanny packs, cinch bags, luggage of any kind, computer bags and camera bags. Please refer to the bag policy.
- Balls or any object that can be used as a projectile.
- Cameras with professional lenses longer than 4”, GoPros, video recorders and mono/tripods.
- Chewing tobacco, e-cigarettes and vape pens.
- Outside food and beverage and containers of any kind (except for guests with medical and dietary needs). An exception will be made for factory-sealed water bottles 20 ounces or fewer (one per person).
- Fireworks or pyrotechnics.
- Folding chairs, stools, seating devices and blankets.
- Illegal drugs.
- Laser pointers.
- Poles or sticks of any kind, including selfie-sticks.
- Signs larger than 3’ x 2’ or flags larger than 3’ x 5’.
- Unmanned aircraft systems and radio-controlled model aircraft/drones.
- Yard games, glow sticks, marker pens and inflatables.
- Skateboards, scooters and personal motorized vehicles (Exceptions will be made for those needed to aid guests with disabilities.).
- Any other item(s) determined by event management to be dangerous or inappropriate will not be allowed into NCAA events.
The following behavioral policies will be strictly enforced:
- Profanity will not be tolerated and may result in ejection.
- The use of obscene or indecent clothing will result in ejection.