March Madness Music Series FAQ's
WHERE IS IT?
Where is Centennial Olympic Park?
Centennial Olympic Park is a 22-acre greenspace that serves as Georgia’s lasting legacy of the 1996 Summer Olympic Games, located in the heart of downtown Atlanta. Entrances to the festival are located on Centennial Olympic Park Drive NW (from the North).
How is this festival different than most events in downtown Atlanta or other music festivals?
- Gate Entry: Entry into the park is free (no ticket required) and on a first come- first served basis. All guests will be required to go through metal detector screening prior to entering.
- Bags: Only small bags 5.5” by 8.5” or smaller will be allowed inside the festival with the exception of clear bags. Clear plastic bags up to 12”x6”x12” are permitted. Refer to the Prohibited Items section for more details.
- Chairs: Chairs will not be allowed inside the park or provided by the festival. Strollers are also prohibited. Wheelchairs and other adaptive vehicles will be permitted.
- Special Seating: As the March Madness Music Festival is a first come, first served event that is also free of charge, fans are encouraged to arrive early in order to secure best location for their entertainment and physical needs. The festival does not have special seating areas for viewing.
- Food: Outside food and beverage and containers of any kind (except for guests with medical and dietary needs) is not allowed. An exception will be made for one (1) factory-sealed water bottles 16.9 oz. or less, unfrozen.
- Umbrellas: Umbrellas, and any other items that obstructs other guests’ views, are prohibited. Please dress accordingly in case of inclement weather.
HOW DO I GET IN?
Do I need to purchase a wristband for entry? Will re-entry be allowed throughout the weekend?
No wristband or ticket is necessary. Event entry will be permitted on a first-come, first serve basis. Event entry will be permitted until the park capacity has been reached.
What do I need to enter the festival?
Nothing, the event is free.
Do you have to be a certain age to attend?
No, this event is open to all ages.
What type of bags are allowed inside the festival?
No bags larger than 5.5” by 8.5” allowed (Clear Plastic bags up to 12”x6”x12” are permitted). Refer to the Prohibited Items section for more details.
What if it rains?
March Madness Music festival is a rain or shine event. Please check the weather prior to arriving so you are dressed appropriately. Note that umbrellas will not be permitted inside the festival. Festival event managers will work with local law enforcement and media outlets to inform the public in case dangerous weather approaches which would force the festival to close.
WHEN CAN I ARRIVE?
When do the festival gates open and close?
Friday, April 3: 4 – 10 p.m.
Saturday, April 4: Noon – 9:30 p.m.
Sunday, April 5: 2 – 10 p.m.
Note: Hours are subject to change.
What’s the best time to arrive?
Come early as large crowds are expected and there is no reserved seating. However, no overnight camping is allowed.
What is the best mode of transportation to the festival?
The best way to get around Atlanta is by utilizing the public transportation system, MARTA. MARTA has multiple stations within easy walking distance to the events, including the CNN Center/GWCC Station, Peachtree Center Avenue Station and Vine City Station. Cost to ride is only $2.50 each way. For more information please visit https://www.itsmarta.com/
Can I ride my bike?
Bikes are allowed in the downtown area; however, bikes are required to be walked through any street closure zone surrounding the March Madness Music Festival. Information on city bike racks or the bike share program can be found at https://www.atlantadowntown.com/experience/getting-here.
WHAT IS HAPPENING ALL DAY?
Besides the musical acts, is anything else happening?
Inside the festival will be multiple sponsor activations with giveaways and interactives, concessions, and merchandise sales.
Should I bring cash or a credit card?
Cash and credit cards will be accepted by vendors throughout the Festival. ATMs will also be available inside the event.
I am a Capital One Cardholder. Are there any special incentives for cardholders?
Lucky you! In the coming months, Capital One will announce exclusive cardholder only benefits that will be available on Sunday, April 5 as part of Capital One JamFest’s programming.
Will there be food options?
A variety of concessions and food trucks will be available throughout the festival grounds.
What are acceptable forms of ID to purchase alcohol with?
Driver's license or Government issued ID.
Can I pass out flyers inside or outside the festival?
No, this is not permitted.
• All guests and items (small purses, clear bags, etc) are subject to physical inspection by security personnel, and anyone not agreeing to this search will be restricted from entering the event
• No bags larger than 5.5” by 8.5” (Clear Plastic bags up to 12”x6”x12” are permitted)
• No pets (service animals permitted with proper identification) Animals (except service animals to aid guests with disabilities)
• Artificial noisemakers or noisemaking devices of any kind.
• No strollers or wagons
• No bottles, cans, liquid containers or coolers (except for guests with medical or dietary needs)
• No food or beverage not dispensed by the Event Concessionaire. Outside food & beverage and containers of any kind (except for guests with medical and dietary needs). An exception will be made for factory-sealed water bottles 16.9 oz. or less, unfrozen)
• No chewing tobacco or e-cigarettes
• No video recorders, or still cameras with lenses longer than 4 inches
• No missile-like objects
• No laser pointers
• No artificial noisemakers
• No poles or sticks of any kind, including selfie-sticks
• No objects that obstruct other guests’ view, including umbrellas, signs or flags larger than 3’ x 2’
• No folding chairs, stools or other seating devices
• No bikes or other large personal items
• No hover boards / scooters
• No drones of any kind
• No promotional items with commercial slogans or identification without written consent from the NCAA®
• Confiscated items will be disposed of and not returned
• No beach balls or basketballs larger than 29.5 inches in circumference (regulation size of a basketball), balls or any object that can be used as a projectile
• Please note: This show may contain heavy strobe lighting and laser lighting
• Items left in vehicles should be stored out of sight
Subscribe To Email Updates
Enter your information to receive emails about offers, promotions from NCAA.com and our partners