CAMBRIDGE, Mass. -- No. 7 Harvard snapped No. 2 Cornell's eight-game win streak 3-1 to remain unbeaten in ECAC play on Saturday at Bright Hockey Center.

Jillian Dempsey extended her point streak to 21 consecutive games, with her goal in the first period before setting up the game-winner midway through the third for Harvard (6-1-0, 6-0-0). Kalley Armstrong netted the go-ahead goal midway before Lyndsey Fry buried an empty-netter to put the game away. Michelle Picard assisted on all three goals, while Sarah Edney and Mary Parker both contributed one helper.

Emerance Maschmeyer made 21 saves to pick up her third win of the season in goal and hand Cornell (9-2-0, 7-1-0) its first loss conference loss of the year.

The Crimson and Big Red played a back-and-forth first period with Harvard holding slight advantages in total shots 17-16 including eight on target compared to Cornell's seven. The Big Red had the first opportunity to open the scoring when Dempsey was penalized for hooking just 46 seconds into the game; however, the Crimson penalty kill, which was leading the nation at 94.1 percent (16/17) entering the game, denied Cornell in the two-minute man-advantage to keep the score at zero.

Dempsey quickly gave Harvard a 1-0 lead just 2:04 after coming out of the box. Picard fired a shot that was blocked by Cornell's Lauren Slebodnick. Slebodnick could not keep control of the puck and It bounced in front of the crease, where Dempsey and Kalley Armstrong hacked at the puck, before pushing it across the line.

Cornell evened the score in the second period. Laurian Rougeau drove through the left circle towards the Crimson's goalie, Emerance Maschmeyer, before sliding on the ice and dumping back to Erin Barley-Maloney. Barley-Maloney shot towards Maschmeyer to knot the game at one.

Just nine seconds after Armstrong was called for tripping, Cornell's Jess Brown was whistled for the same infraction, which gave the Crimson a penalty shot. Kaitlin Spurling attempted to go into the top left corner, but Slebodnick rejected the attempt to keep the game tied.

Harvard finally broke through on a 4-on-4 situation in the third period. Harvard's Elizabeth Parker was sent to the box for tripping and Taylor Woods joined her 33 seconds later for interference.

Michelle Picard stole the puck and pushed it ahead to Dempsey down the left side. She pushed ahead in a two-on-one rush before dishing off to Armstrong. Armstrong buried the one-timer in the back of the goal to restore the Harvard advantage.

The Crimson had multiple opportunities to push the lead to two, including a pair of power-play opportunities, but Harvard finally broke through after the Big Red pulled its goalie for an extra skater with 1:36 remaining. Armstrong blocked Alyssa Gagliardi's shot attempt, which Lyndsey Fry picked up and took to just outside the Cornell zone before flicking a shot into the back of the empty net to lock up the win.