HANOVER, N.H. -- Six Dartmouth pitchers yielded just six hits and one run while the Big Green offense scored five times in the fifth inning to beat visiting Hartford 7-1. The win is Dartmouth's 22nd in a row at home, the longest active streak in Division I.


Junior Joe Sclafani tied a 73-year-old school record by hitting his seventh triple of the season for Dartmouth (24-10). The Hawks lost their fifth in a row to fall to 3-30-1.

Both sophomore Chris O'Dowd and senior Brandon Parks collected three hits in the game and they were two of the seven Dartmouth hitters to drive in a run. Senior Sam Bean was 2-for-4 with two runs and an RBI as well.

It was Parks that began the five-run rally in the fifth with a lead-off single.

The single-season triples record at Dartmouth was set by George McLaughlin during the 1938 season. It had not been equaled until Sclafani ripped a one-out triple into the right-field corner to give Dartmouth a 2-1 lead it would not relinquish.

Bean followed with a single back through the box to plate Sclafani, and O'Dowd brought bean home with a double into the left-field corner. Hawk pitcher Tyler Corsi (0-4) faced just one more hitter, senior Jason Brooks, who lined an RBI triple to right. Reliever Andrew Mannello got the second out on a grounder to short, holding Brooks at third with the infield playing in, but sophomore Ennis Coble hit his first of two doubles on the day to make it a 6-1 game.

Coble got his second two-bagger with one out in the seventh, went to third on a wild pitch by the third Hawk pitcher, Kevin Veilleux, and scored when Parks beat out an infield single for his career-high third hit of the game.

The scoring began in the bottom of the first after the Big Green loaded the bases on singles by Bean and O'Dowd, and a walk to Brooks. Bean crossed the plate when senior Jeff Onstott flew out to deep center.

Dartmouth began the game with senior Jake Pruner on the mound, making his first appearance in nearly three years due to an arm injury. Pruner, a right-hander, struck out the first batter he faced and allowed just one run over his two innings on the mound, that coming on a two-out double off the bat of Brendan Behm in the second.

"I am so happy for Jake to be able to get back on the mound and succeed the way he did today," head coach Bob Whalen stated after the game. "He has had a long road back, from a weekend starter as a freshman to all the rehab he put in to be able to take the mound today. It was a special moment to see him back on the hill and contribute to a victory."

"Any time you take the mound in front of the home crowd, you're going to have a lot of adrenaline, but even more so today after all the work I put in to get back to this point," Pruner said. "I felt great, but as soon as I got that first pitch over, I knew I had my team behind me, and I was going to compete for as long as I could."

After Pruner departed after his two innings of work, senior Dan Ternowchek pitched a perfect third, followed by sophomore Michael Johnson who tossed two scoreless innings with a pair of strikeouts. Johnson was credited with the victory to improve to 3-0 on the season.

Junior Max Langford came on and put a couple of zeroes on the board in the sixth and seventh innings before senior Colin Britton and freshman Mike Dodakian pitched the eighth and ninth, respectively, to close out the game.

Behm had two of the Hawks' six hits on the day, stroking a double and a triple.