|Did You Know: The entire Texas pitching staff has given up just six home runs this season. Its ERA of 2.33 and total of 11 shutouts are both ranked seventh in the nation.||Did You Know: The Cardinals are second in the nation with 132 stolen bases. Kyle Gibson leads the way, stealing successfully in 32 of his 42 tries.|
|On the Bump: Parker French, a junior, is third among active Big 12 pitchers in career innings pitched (239.1). This season, he has a 2.45 ERA in 15 starts with 59 strikeouts.||On the Bump: Anthony Kidston has not recorded a loss on the season. At 9-0 in 13 starts, he has a 3.54 ERA and is holding opponents to a .216 batting average.|
|In the Box: C.J Hinojosa came into the CWS leading the NCAA tournament in average (.476) and a team-high six RBI. He went 1-for-4 on Saturday.||In the Box: Senior third baseman Alex Chittenden has 16 multihit games this season, including one Saturday. He is hitting .295 on the year with 10 doubles.|
|Pepper: Both Louisville and Texas enter Monday's elimination game on a four-game College World Series losing streak. The Cardinals' streak dates to 2007, while Texas last won in Omaha in '09.
• Texas' Mark Payton had his 101-game reached-base streak snapped by going 0-for-4 against UC Irvine on Saturday.
• Louisville is fifth in the country in both runs (offensively, 416) and strikeouts per nine innings (by pitchers, 8.5).
• Texas head coach Augie Garrido is looking for the 1,918th win of his career. He took over the record for career wins earlier in 2014, and has led the Longhorns to two of their six national titles. The most recent championship was in 2005.
• Since their first appearance in 2007, the Cardinals have been outscored 40-24 in their six CWS games. They are 1-5 in that stretch, including being outscored 21-8 in the past four, all losses.
|Did You Know: Vanderbilt has allowed the second-fewest hits per nine innings in the country at 6.73. The staff has an ERA of 2.75.||Did You Know: UC Irvine came into the CWS second in the country in sacrifice bunts. The Anteaters added four more Saturday, bringing their season total to 92.|
|On the Bump: Tyler Beede was Vanderbilt's No. 1 starter all season. He made 17 starts, pitching 103 innings, earning a 3.58 ERA with 108 strikeouts.||On the Bump: With three regular pitchers with 10-plus starts all seeing time Saturday, Elliot Surrey looks to get the nod. He holds a 1.99 ERA in 17 starts, including two complete games.|
|In the Box: Dansby Swanson is tied for third in Vanderbilt history with 25 doubles. He is on a nine-game hit streak and has 24 multihit games this season. He has a .336 average.||In the Box: Taylor Sparks was a home run away from the cycle Saturday. The triple was his ninth, which leads the nation, and he leads the team with 17 doubles.|
|Pepper: Monday's winners' bracket game will be the first time UC Irvine and Vanderbilt have met on the diamond.
• UC Irvine and Vanderbilt each earned their third win in the College World Series in program history Saturday. UC Irvine's previous appearance came in 2007, while Vanderbilt won two games in '11.
• In the Commodores' bullpen, John Kilichowski, Adam Ravenelle, Hayden Stone and Brian Miller all have 12-plus appearances with sub-2.00 ERAs and sub-.200 batting-averages against.
• Connor Spencer is now in fifth place on UC Irvine's single-season hits list. He got his 89th on Saturday.
• UC Irvine's pitching staff has the fourth-best strikeout-to-walk ratio in the country at 3.37.