|Did You Know: Texas Tech pitchers have surrendered six earned runs in the NCAA tournament for an ERA of 0.86, and the starters have given up just one in the past 43 innings.||Did You Know: Virginia's walk-off Sunday was the fourth against Mississippi this season, but the Rebels have a flair for the dramatic themselves, with seven walk-off wins.|
|On the Bump: Ryan Moseley gets the nod, his fifth start of the season. In 21 appearances, Moseley is 1-2 with a 3.32 ERA. He has 22 BB and 35 Ks in 43.1 innings.||On the Bump: Christian Trent (9-0) is the Rebels' ERA leader among regular starters at 2.21. In 112.1 innings, he has struck out 80 and walked 19, and hitters have a .235 average against him.|
|In the Box: Tyler Neslony has reached base safely in the past 37 games. He is hitting .385 in 44 appearances, including a triple Sunday (his third of the season).||In the Box: Will Allen is hitting .341 and has seven home runs. Both are second on the squad. His 61 RBI leads, and he has a .416 on-base percentage and is slugging .508.|
|Pepper: Texas Tech and Mississippi will meet in baseball for the first time on Tuesday. The loser will head home, while the winner stays to take on the loser of the Virginia-TCU matchup.
• No Ole Miss reliever has allowed an inherited runner to score throughout the entire 2014 postseason.
• Texas Tech is now 20-20 in the NCAA tournament. This is the Red Raiders' first trip to Omaha.
• The Rebels are second in the country in hits with 698. As a team, they are hitting .300 with six players at that mark or higher.
• Red Raider Anthony Lyons is now 3-for-9 as a pinch hitter this season after a single in the eighth inning Sunday.
|Did You Know: The Horned Frogs have three players that have started 100-plus consecutive games: Keaton Jones (161), Cody Jones (121) and Boomer White (113).||Did You Know: Virginia reached the 50-win mark for the fourth time in program history with its walk-off win against Mississippi on Sunday (2009, '10, '11).|
|On the Bump: Bradon Finnegan is the highest draft pick in TCU history (17th overall, Royals). He has struck out 129 batters (fifth nationally) in a 9-3 season with a 2.12 ERA.||On the Bump: Brandon Waddell (9-3) has tossed 98 innings in 16 starts this season. He has earned a 2.66 ERA and has struck out 63 while walking just 16.|
|In the Box: Boomer White now has 12 multi-RBI games on the season after Sunday. He is hitting .318, has driven in a team-leading 48 runs, and has stolen 11 bases.||In the Box: Junior third baseman Kenny Towns is 12-for-31 in the NCAA tournament (.387) and has reached base in 21 consecutive games after two hits Sunday.|
|Pepper: When the Cavaliers and Horned Frogs meet in a winners' bracket game on Tuesday, it will be the first time they have faced each other in baseball. Winner will advance to the semifinals, while the loser will play the Texas Tech-Ole Miss winner.
• Virginia's pitching staff has the best WHIP in the country at 1.02. TCU isn't very far behind -- the Frogs are second at 1.03.
• In 30 relief appearances, TCU's Riley Farrell has a 0.87 ERA. The entire bullpen has allowed three runs in the past 30 innings.
• Sunday's walk-off star, Mike Papi, is second in the country in walks with 56. He is also hitting .483 in the NCAA tournament.
• Virginia (No. 3) and TCU (No. 7) are the only national seeds to make it to Omaha.