|Did You Know: In eight games this NCAA tournament, the Commodores are averaging 7.37 runs per game, which is up from 5.52 runs per game in the regular season. That is nearly an increase of two runs per game (1.85).||Did You Know: Texas is now 33-28 all time in College World Series elimination games. This game is win or go home for the Longhorns. If they beat the Dores, a Game 2 will be played on Saturday.|
|On the Bump: In Game 1 of Vandy's Super Regional, Tyler Ferguson earned the win with 2.2 innings of scoreless relief. Ferguson allowed two hits with three walks and five Ks.||On the Bump: Nathan Thornhill pitched 7.1 solid innings in Texas' Game 1 loss to UC Irvine. The loss was Thornhill's first since April 27 vs. Oklahoma State.|
|In the Box: Through Game 9, Dansby Swanson ranks second overall in individual batting. Swanson is hitting .500 with a total of three runs scored.||In the Box: After his 101-game on-base streak was snapped Saturday, Mark Payton picked up his 23rd multihit game of the season, going 2-for-4 (both singles) against UC Irvine.|
|Pepper: Texas' C.J Hinjosa hit the first home run of the 2014 College World Series on Wednesday vs. UC Irvine. Vanderbilt has not hit a home run in its past 12 games.
• Vanderbilt and Texas last met in June 2004 when the Longhorns swept the Commodores. The all-time series stands 6-6. Prior to the meeting in 2004, the teams last played in 1907.
• Texas head coach Augie Garrido is 20-9 all time when his team faces elimination.
• The Commodores have stolen 20 bags this postseason, while their opponents have yet to steal a single base.
• With their defeat of the Anteaters, the Longhorns extended their CWS record for wins to 84.
• In eight NCAA tournament games, Vanderbilt has scored five or more runs six times. Since the College World Series moved to TD Ameritrade Park Omaha in 2011, teams are 25-0 when scoring at least five runs.
|Did You Know: Virginia has four walk-off wins this year; two have come in the College World Series.||Did You Know: Thursday marked the fourth time that Ole Miss faced a team from Texas in the CWS. The Rebels are now 2-2 in those games.
|On the Bump: Josh Sborz boasts 67 strikeouts in 71 innings this season. Despite the high number of Ks, Sborz is 5-4 with a 3.04 ERA.||On the Bump: Jeremy Massie is a senior left-hander who has made eight starts in 20 appearances this season. He sports a 4-3 record with a 2.73 ERA.
|In the Box: Branden Cogswell is 4-for-6 at the CWS and has reached base safely in eight of 10 official plate appearances. Cogswell currently is riding a season-high eight-game hit streak.||In the Box: Versus TCU, Will Allen went 3-for-5 with three RBI, a CWS record. Allen's single in the top of the seventh allowed Auston Bousfield to advance home and score the winning run.|
|Pepper: This will be Virginia's first game after its marathon game Tuesday. If Virginia beats Mississippi, it will automatically advance to the championship series on Monday; if Ole Miss beats UVa., a second game is forced on Saturday.
• Virginia and Ole Miss played on June 15; the Cavaliers defeated the Rebels 2-1 with a walk-off double from Mike Papi.
• UVa.'s bullpen has not allowed a run in 10 innings in the CWS.
• The Rebels are making their fifth CWS appearance and the first since 1972. Among current SEC teams only Missouri (1964) and Kentucky (never) have been absent from Omaha longer.
• Virginia's 15-inning game vs. TCU was the longest by innings and time (4:51) in program postseason history.
• Ole Miss had six hits in the first 3.1 innings Thursday, which equaled their combined hits through the first two games.