The Road to Omaha doesn't begin in the spring; coaches already are driving their players toward the College World Series. It's the rise-n-grind that players tweet about; it's the workout pictures that are shared on social media. It's the day-in, day-out work that coaches and players hope will separate their team in June. Before the first pitch in February, NCAA.com is highlighting teams that may reach the Mecca of college baseball: Omaha.
1. What can fans expect from this squad in 2015? Fans can expect to see a USC team that plays hard from the first pitch to the last. This team is unselfish and has confidence that anyone can get the job done and does not have to rely on any one player.
2. What is the one thing that this year’s team does best? This year’s team is best at pitching and playing defense.
3. Bottom of the ninth, tied game, two outs, winning run on second… which player does this team want to step up to the plate? Sophomore designated hitter/catcher Jeremy Martinez.
4. If this team had one game to win, which pitcher would get the ball? Junior right-handed pitcher Kyle Davis.
5. Who are we most likely to see make a "SportsCenter Top 10" play on this squad? Junior centerfielder Timmy Robinson.
6. What does Omaha mean to this team? Omaha to this team is the culmination of nine months of a process of getting better each day and having the opportunity to compete as one of the final eight teams with a chance at our goal -- to win a national championship.
-- USC head coach Dan Hubbs
|TOP RETURNING HITTERS|
|TOP RETURNING PITCHERS|