The Road to Omaha doesn't begin in the spring; coaches already are driving their players toward the College World Series. It's the rise-n-grind that players tweet about; it's the workout pictures that are shared on social media. It's the day-in, day-out work that coaches and players hope will separate their team in June. Before the first pitch in February, NCAA.com is highlighting teams that may reach the Mecca of college baseball: Omaha.Florida Gators
• 2014: 40-23 (21-9 SEC)
• Head coach: Kevin O'Sullivan (eighth year)
Gators' team website
1. What can fans expect from this squad in 2015? Seeing how one of the nation’s top recruiting classes meshes with a strong core of returning starters.
2. What is the one thing that this year’s team does best? Gators boast a deep and talented pitching staff.
3. Bottom of the ninth, tied game, two outs, winning run on second … which player does this team want to step up to the plate? Junior outfielder Harrison Bader.
4. If this team had one game to win, which pitcher would get the ball? Sophomore right-hander Logan Shore.
5. Who are we most likely to see make a SportsCenter Top 10 play on this squad? Sophomore outfielder Buddy Reed.
6. What does Omaha mean to this team? That we have reached the destination of our ultimate goal.
-- Florida Baseball Coaching Staff
|TOP RETURNING HITTERS|
|TOP RETURNING PITCHERS|