|Did You Know: Virginia has used only three pitchers in Omaha: Connor Jones, Josh Sborz in a 5-3 win against Arkansas and then Brandon Waddell and Sborz in a 1-0 victory against Florida.||Did You Know: Florida set a TD Ameritrade Park Omaha record by homering four times during Wednesday's victory against Miami.|
|On the Bump: Nathan Kirby will make his first appearance since April 17, when he strained his left latissimus dorsi muscle against ACC rival Miami.||On the Bump: Gator ace Logan Shore will get his second College World Series start when the Gators meet the Cavaliers. The sophomore righty is 10-6 with a 2.55 ERA.|
|In the Box: Matt Thaiss, a semifinalist for Dick Howser Trophy, leads the 'Hoos with a .332 average.||In the Box: First baseman Peter Alonso hit a 421-foot bomb against Miami, the longest homer of the CWS.|
|Pepper: In its eight games in this NCAA tournament, Florida is 7-1. The Gators have scored fewer than eight runs only twice during that span.
• Virginia has scored the go-ahead runs in the sixth inning or later in each of its seven NCAA tournament wins this season.
• In its two wins against the Hurricanes at the CWS, the Gators enjoyed a 25-5 scoring advantage, batted .364 (28-for-77) and had nine extra-base hits (five doubles, four homers).
• Virginia joins Florida as the only schools to appear in four CWS since 2009
Game 12: TCU Horned Frogs vs. Vanderbilt Commodores
8 p.m. ET Friday | ESPN with Karl Ravech, Kyle Peterson and Jessica Mendoza
GameCenter | Interactive Stats Follow on Twitter: CWS | TCU | Vanderbilt
|Did You Know: TCU is 6-0 in elimination games so far this NCAA tournament. The Horned Frogs have beaten Stony Brook, NC State (twice), Texas A&M, Cal State Fullerton and LSU in those situations.||Did You Know: Vanderbilt is one win away from making a return trip to the CWS Finals. The last team to make consecutive finals was South Carolina, which made three consecutive trips from 2010-12.|
|On the Bump: Tyler Alexander will be making his first start since giving up four runs (three earned) in four innings vs. Texas A&M on June 6. This will be Alexander's 15th start of the year, and he has a 6-2 record and 2.86 ERA.||On the Bump: Vanderilt gives Walker Buehler his first start at the 2015 CWS. Buehler went 4-2 with a 2.97 ERA this season but has not started since throwing a scoreless five innings against Radford on June 1 in the regional-clincing win.|
|In the Box: Dane Steinhagen went 3-for-4 with three RBI against LSU on Thursday to help keep TCU's season alive.||In the Box: Outfielder Rhett Wiseman is riding a 10-game hitting streak into Friday's game. He also shares the team lead with 15 home runs.|
|Pepper: TCU is playing its seventh game in a row against an SEC opponent.
• Cody Jones -- still without a hit in the CWS -- has reached base safely for TCU in 37 consecutive games.
• Vanderbilt has hit home runs in each of its past three CWS games, going back to the finale in 2014.
• Vanderbilt has three singles, six doubles and two home runs in two CWS games this year.