Box Score

CHATTANOOGA, Tenn. -- Cameron Rundles scored 21 points to send Wofford to a second consecutive NCAA tournament berth with a 77-67 victory against College of Charleston in the Southern Conference tournament championship Monday night.

Wofford (21-12) lost both regular season games to the Cougars. But the Terriers won their eighth consecutive game in part because they were perfect at the free throw line until the final minute, hitting their first 20 shots.

Charleston (24-10) missed its first NCAA berth since 1999 and coach Bobby Cremins' first since he last took Georgia Tech to the NCAA regional semifinals in 1996.

Noah Dahlman added 20 points for Wofford. Jamar Diggs added 17.

Andrew Goudelock, the nation's fourth-leading scorer, topped his average with 25 points for Charleston. Donavan Monroe added 19, and Antwaine Wiggins 12.

Wofford never let the Cougars get any further ahead than six points. The Terriers stayed in the game by finishing 22 of 24 at the free-throw line. They also wound up outshooting Charleston 46.4 percent (26 of 56) to 41.8 percent (23 of 55).

The teams swapped the lead 10 times with seven ties before Wofford took the lead for good with a 10-1 run.

Wiggins scored on a tip-in to put Charleston up 52-49 with 11:20 to go. Dahlman then scored on a reverse layup, and Rundles hit a 3-pointer with 9:48 to put the Terriers up 54-52. Rundles hit another 3, and Martin capped the spurt with a pair of free throws in giving them their biggest lead of the game at 59-53 with 7:12 remaining.

Dahlman helped put away the victory.

Wiggins hit a bucket, then a pair of free throws to make it 65-62 with 4:24 left. Dahlman scored the next eight points for Wofford and his jumper gave the Terriers their biggest lead of the game at 73-64 with 1:41 left.

Wofford's top scorer even chipped in with some defense. He stole the ball from Goudelock with less than a minute to go.

Charleston led 32-28 after a very tight first half. The Cougars had the biggest lead at 30-25 with 1:42 left when Trent Wiedeman tipped in a miss by Monroe. But Rundles scored on a layup, then Tim Johnson hit a free throw before Monroe tipped in his own miss with 2.4 seconds left for the lead at the break.