ATLANTA -- Playing in the program's first NCAA tournament game since 1990, Emory came through with a resounding 77-56 victory against Randolph on Saturday. 

Emory captured its sixth consecutive contest and raised its overall record to 20-6. The WildCats closed out their season with a 21-7 mark.

Junior Jake Davis led the Emory scoring attack with 25 points, tying his second-highest point total of the year. Davis ended the game hitting 9 of 19 from the floor, including a pair of 3-pointers, en route to his 21st double-figure scoring game of the year and 11th of 20 or more points. Sophomore Michael Florin and senior Michael Friedberg rounded out the team's double-figure scorers with 10 points apiece. Florin had seven assists and Friedberg came through with three blocked shots.

Emory ended the afternoon sinking 45.3 percent of its shot attempts (29 of 64) while limiting the WildCats to 37.3 percent. The Eagles held a 42-35 advantage in the rebounding category and were paced by senior Alex Greven with seven boards. Emory's defense came up with 15 steals, five by Davis and three by Florin, which helped lead to a 19-12 edge in points off turnovers.

After hitting just one of its first 11 field-goal attempts to start the game, the Eagles knocked down 13 of their next 23 field goal opportunities in taking a 41-24 edge into halftime.

Holding a 16-15 advantage with 10:17 left in the half, Emory hit 5 of 7 from the field in a key 12-0 charge that pushed its lead to 28-15 with 6:34 on the clock. After a pair of free throws by Colton Hunt drew the WildCats to within a dozen with a little less than two minutes left, Emory scored the half's final five points.

After the cold shooting start, the Eagles converted 13 of their final 23 field-goal tries to end the half with a 41.2 percent mark (14 of 34), while Randolph finished with a 32.1 percent effort (9 of 28).

Davis scored eight points in a 12-0 Emory blitz to open the second half en route to a 53-24 lead with 16:10 left in the contest. Randolph could not mount any sort of comeback bid for the remainder of the game with Emory leading by as many as 31 points with 11:54 on the clock.