NCAA® March Madness® Live Offers the Ultimate Digital Destination for the 2018 Division I Men's Basketball Championship with More Offerings and Platforms Than Ever Before
March Madness Live to Include Fast Break™, a New In-App Feature Providing Live Whip-Around Streaming Coverage During First Round Tournament Action
Enhanced "Bracket Challenge" to Feature Personalized Notifications & Bracket IQ Data Analysis
NCAA March Madness Live - the exclusive live streaming suite of products developed by Turner Sports in partnership with CBS and the NCAA - will offer fans multiple ways to engage with live coverage for all 67 games of the 2018 NCAA Division I Men's Basketball Championship. NCAA March Madness Live will be available across 16 platforms this year - the most in the product's history - while also introducing a new Fast Break feature offering continuous live streaming coverage throughout the first round of the NCAA Tournament.
This year's new Fast Break presented by AT&T and Lowe's will include live streaming whip-around coverage of every tournament game during the first two full days of tournament action, switching from game-to-game with live look-ins, quick turnaround highlights, and commentary on behalf of all the games. Fast Break will be a dynamic, fan-centric experience bringing viewers real-time analysis, social reaction, and an all-encompassing look at the entire tournament from one viewing location.
Additionally, fans will have access to more information than ever before while filling out their brackets courtesy of an enhanced Capital One NCAA March Madness Bracket Challenge Game. For the first time, fans will be able to receive personalized push notifications connecting their picks with live game coverage to keep them up-to-speed on their bracket performance and the games that matter most to them. The Bracket Challenge Game will also leverage Bracket IQ powered by Google Cloud to offer advanced data analysis to help fans make their picks and stay current on bracket trends throughout the tournament.
NCAA March Madness Live will also continue to offer select NCAA Tournament games in virtual reality this year. The VR experience will be available via NCAA March Madness Live VR, powered by Intel® True VR in the Oculus Store and in the Google Play store, with more details including Intel® True View 360-replay content, announced closer to the start of the tournament.
The NCAA March Madness Live App is available to download now via ncaa.com/marchmadness, bleacherreport.com, CBSSports.com, Bleacher Report's App, CBS Sports App, the Amazon Echo family of devices, the App Store, Roku Channel Store and Google Play.
As part of the industry-wide TV Everywhere initiative, live streaming coverage and on-the-go access of the entire NCAA Tournament will be available to pay-tv subscribers across various online, mobile, tablets, set-top boxes and smart TVs. NCAA March Madness Live will once again offer a temporary preview period giving users access to live game streaming before login is required.
NCAA March Madness Live Features include:
• Expanded Platforms - NCAA March Madness Live will live stream all 67 games across 16 platforms -the most in the product's history. Platforms include: iPhone, iPad, Apple TV, Apple Watch, Android handset, Android tablet, Amazon Echo family of devices, Amazon Fire tablets, Amazon Fire TV, Chromecast, Samsung Gear VR and Google Daydream, mobile web, Roku players, Roku TV models, web and Xbox One.
• Fast Break presented by AT&T and Lowe's - NCAA March Madness Live will feature the all-new Fast Break - live streaming whip-around coverage of every game being played during the first round of the tournament. The live streaming coverage will provide fans with real-time highlights, updates, live look-ins and commentary for each first round matchup.
• Apple TV Multi-Game - Fans will be able to watch up to three live games at once through a multi-game viewing experience made available through the March Madness Live app for Apple TV.
• Capital One NCAA March Madness Bracket Challenge - The official bracket game of March Madness (available via web, mobile web, smartphones and tablets) is offering personalized push notifications to provide fans with real-time updates on the games and outcomes that have the most impact on their bracket success. Bracket Challenge is the only tournament game to integrate access to the live video stream of every match-up throughout the tournament.
• iStreamPlanet Highest Quality Streaming - Turner's iStreamPlanet will provide the live streaming infrastructure for all games made available through NCAA March Madness Live. This year's games will stream at the highest quality ever at up to 60fps across Apple TV, Amazon Fire TV, Chromecast, Roku, and Xbox.
• GameCenter - The core of NCAA March Madness Live will offer access to every live game, real-time highlights, stats and a live blog that provides additional commentary on the tournament action.
• Fan Favorite Features - "Excitement alerts" for big moments, live game scoring, real-time game alerts and direct access to live radio broadcasts will be offered, courtesy of Westwood One, for all 67 games.
Fans can access all games broadcast on CBS on web, mobile and tablets. Additionally, fans can watch games via live streaming on TBS, CBS, TNT and truTV's digital platforms, as well as participating TV provider websites and apps.
For the eighth consecutive year, Turner Sports and CBS Sports will provide live coverage of all 67 games from the 2018 NCAA Division I Men's Basketball Championship across four national television networks - TBS, CBS, TNT and truTV - and via NCAA March Madness Live.
This year, TBS will televise the NCAA March Madness Selection Show on Sunday, March 11, the NCAA Final Four National Semifinals on Saturday, March 31, along with the National Championship on Monday, April 2