"Beat the Desk" Sweepstakes
If you choose to participate via mobile phone, message and data rates may apply based on your wireless carrier’s rate plan. Internet access may not be available from your wireless carrier, or in your area. Message and data rates may apply even if your use of a mobile phone does not result in Sweepstakes entry.
A. NO PURCHASE IS NECESSARY TO ENTER OR CLAIM A PRIZE. A PURCHASE WILL NOT INCREASE YOUR CHANCES OF WINNING. “Beat the Desk” Sweepstakes (the “Sweepstakes”) is open to legal residents of the 50 United States and the District of Columbia, age eighteen (18) years or older at the time of entry, with a valid Facebook account, except employees, their spouses and immediate families (parent, child, sibling, and any of their respective spouses) and household members (whether or not related) of Turner Sports, Inc. (“Sponsor”), The National Collegiate Athletic Association (“NCAA®”) and their respective parents, subsidiaries, divisions, trustees, franchisees, participating vendors, distributors, advertising and promotion agencies and affiliated entities (collectively, with Sponsor, the “Sweepstakes Entities”).
B. The Sweepstakes is governed by U.S. law and is subject to all applicable federal, state and local laws and regulations. By entering the Sweepstakes, entrants agree to accept and be bound by all terms of these official rules (“Official Rules”). Void where prohibited by law. Entrants must be a member in good standing of Facebook, adhere to all Facebook Terms of Service and any other Facebook terms and conditions. There is no charge to become a member of Facebook. If you post with Facebook via your wireless phone, message and data rates may apply. Please consult your wireless-service carrier regarding its pricing plans. Internet access may not be available on all wireless carriers or in all areas. This Sweepstakes is no way sponsored, endorsed, administered by or associated with Facebook.
2. HOW TO ENTER: From 2pm Eastern Standard Time (“EST”) and ending at 6pm EST on March 11, 2018 (the “Entry Period”), Sponsor will conduct a Sweepstakes encouraging entrants to enter for a chance to win a prize. To enter, during the Entry Period, an entrant will correctly answer a trivia question in the comments section of the March Madness® Facebook page. There will be three entrants randomly selected to subsequently compete against March Madness Selection Countdown hosts via web cam on the March Madness® Selection Countdown show at the bottom of each hour, beginning at 3pm and ending at 6pm. To be eligible all entries must be received no later than 6pm EST on March 11, 2018. Sponsor is the official timekeeper for this Sweepstakes. Entries must depict the entrant and no other person. Entries may not contain any personally identifiable information other than entrants’ publicly visible information in the Facebook profile or include any illegal, obscene, defamatory, libelous, offensive or other inappropriate content, or any reference to a third party or a third party’s products or services, or any materials that violate any of the policies of the Sweepstakes Entities. Entries that fail to meet any of the foregoing criteria, as determined in Sponsor’s sole discretion, may be disqualified. All entries must be submitted in the name of an individual person and the prize can only be awarded to the person whose name is on the winning entry. Entries generated by script, macro or other automated means will be void. The Sweepstakes Entities and each of their respective employees, officers, directors, representatives and agents (collectively, the “Released Parties”) are not responsible for misdirected, incomplete, lost, late, illegible, undelivered, inaccurate or delayed entries, or lost or stolen entry boxes, or for technical, hardware, or software failures of any kind, lost or unavailable network connections, or failed, incomplete, garbled or delayed computer transmissions or other errors or problems which may limit or affect a person’s ability to participate in the Sweepstakes, whether human, mechanical, typographical, printing, electronic, network or otherwise, relating to or in connection with the Sweepstakes, including, without limitation, errors which may occur in connection with the administration of the Sweepstakes, the processing of entries, the announcement of the prizes or in any Sweepstakes-related materials. In the event of sabotage, acts of God, terrorism or threats thereof, computer virus or other events or causes beyond the Sponsor’s control, which corrupt the integrity, administration, security or proper operation of the Sweepstakes, Sponsor reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to disqualify entrants and/or modify, cancel or suspend the Sweepstakes. In the event of cancellation, Sponsor reserves the right to award prizes from among all eligible, non-suspect entries received prior to the event requiring such cancellation. False or deceptive entries or acts will render the entrant ineligible. All entries become the property of the Sponsor and will not be acknowledged or returned. Limit five (5) entries per person.
3. HOW TO WIN:
A. Up to three Winners (depending on availability of entrant randomly selected to compete with the hosts at the bottom each hour). Sponsor will notify each potential Winner immediately after they have been selected and instruct them how to participate in the live trivia game with the hosts. Winner will provide email address and physical address so that delivery of tickets can be coordinated. Potential Winner must meet all eligibility requirements, including execution and return of all necessary releases and documents (if any) required by Sponsor. Winning a prize is contingent upon fulfilling all requirements set forth in these Official Rules. Odds of winning depend on the number of eligible entries received.
B. A potential Winner will be disqualified, the prize will be forfeited and an alternate potential Winner will be selected by alternate random drawing from among all remaining eligible entries and an alternate Winner may be selected at Sponsor’s sole and absolute discretion if: (i) a potential Winner is not available to participate in the Q&A session live; (ii) a potential Winner declines his or her prize; or (iii) a potential Winner fails to comply with any of the Official Rules as outlined herein.
C. The decisions of Sponsor in all matters regarding this Sweepstakes are final and binding.
4. PRIZES: Up to three (3) Winners (depending on each potential Winner’s availability to participate in the live trivia session with the hosts during the Entry Period) will receive two tickets to the three Final Four® games taking place in San Antonio on March 31, 2018 & April 2, 2018. The approximate retail value of the prize is 2,000 Dollars. No substitution or transfer of prizes or cash redemption is permitted. Sponsor reserves the right to substitute a prize (or portion thereof) of comparable or greater value, in its sole discretion. Winners are responsible for the reporting and payment of all federal, state and local taxes (if any) and any other costs and expenses associated with prize acceptance and use not specified in these Official Rules and/or in the applicable entry instructions as being provided. All prize details and additional terms, conditions or eligibility requirements are in Sponsor’s discretion. Tickets are subject to the terms and conditions listed on the tickets.
MARCH MADNESS ON SOCIAL MEDIA
JOIN THE TEAM.
5. GENERAL: By entering this Sweepstakes, entrant grants Sweepstakes Entities and their designees the right, unless prohibited by law, to use their names, Facebook user name, cities and states of residences, voices, avatars, pictures and likenesses, without compensation, notification or approval, for the purpose of advertising and publicizing the goods and services of the Sweepstakes Entities and all matters related to the Sweepstakes, in any manner or medium, now or hereafter known, throughout the world in perpetuity. The Released Parties expressly disclaim any responsibility and ENTRANTS agree to indemnify and hold harmless the Released Parties and their respective employees, officers, directors, shareholders and agents, from and against any and all claims, actions, demands and/or liabilitIES for injury/DEATH, damage or loss to any person or property relating to or arising in connection with participation in this Sweepstakes (regardless of the cause of such injury or loss), the delivery and/or subsequent use or misuse of the prize awarded and/or printing, distribution or production errors. winner acknowledgeS that THE prize IS awarded “as is” and that Sponsor has not made, and is not in any manner responsible or liable for any representation, guarantee or warranty, expressed or implied, in law or in fact, relative to any prize, including, but not limited to its quality, mechanical condition or fitness for a particular purpose.
A. Except where prohibited, entrants agree that (i) any and all disputes, claims and causes of action arising out of or connected with the Sweepstakes or any prize awarded will be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action and exclusively by the appropriate court located in Fulton County, Georgia; (ii) any and all claims, judgments, and awards to entrants will be limited to actual out of pocket costs incurred, including costs associated with participating in this Sweepstakes, but in no event attorney’s fees; and (iii) under no circumstances will entrant be permitted to obtain awards for, and entrant hereby waives all rights to claim, punitive, incidental and consequential damages, and any other damages other than for actual out of pocket expense and any and all rights to have damages multiplies or otherwise increased. All issues and questions concerning the construction, validity, interpretation and enforceability of these Official Rules or entrants’ and/or Sponsor’s rights and obligations in connection with the Sweepstakes are governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of the State of Georgia, without giving effect to any choice of law or conflict of law rules (whether of the Commonwealth of Virginia or any other jurisdiction), which would cause the application of the laws of any jurisdiction other than the Commonwealth of Virginia.
B. In the event of any conflict with any Sweepstakes details contained in these Official Rules and Sweepstakes details contained in sweepstakes materials (including but not limited to point of sale, television, and print advertising, promotional packaging, and other promotion media), the details of the Sweepstakes as set forth in these Official Rules shall prevail.
7. OFFICIAL RULES OR WINNERS’ LIST: For a copy of the Official Rules or Winner List (available on or about March 11, 2018 send a self-addressed, stamped envelope (residents of VT need not include return postage on rules requests) to the following address no later than September 11, 2018 (Please specify “Official Rules” or “Winners” and the date of the applicable Entry Period) – “Beat the Desk Sweepstakes,” 1050 Techwood Drive NW, EXE 0305B, Atlanta, GA 30318.
8. SPONSOR: Turner Sports, Inc. 1050 Techwood Drive NW, EXE 0305B, Atlanta, GA 30318. The NCAA® is neither a sponsor nor administrator of this sweepstakes. NCAA®, March Madness®, and Final Four® are registered trademarks of the National Collegiate Athletic Association.