WASHINGTON -- Shoni Schimmel scored 19 points and No. 18 Louisville built a 10-point second-half lead but had to hang on for the 64-61 victory against No. 19 Georgetown on Sunday night.

Becky Burke scored 13 points and Antonita Slaughter added 11 for Louisville (16-4, 5-2 Big East), which hit a season-high 11 threes in 25 attempts.

Sugar Rogers had 24 points for the Hoyas (15-5, 4-3) while Tia Magee and Rubylee Wright both added 11.

Louisville took a 46-44 lead on Schimmel's 3-pointer with just over 13 minutes left. They led by as many as 10 points twice, the last time on Bria Smith's two free throws with 3:08 left.

No. 5 Duke 80, No. 8 Maryland 72
No. 6 Kentucky 57, Florida 52
No. 10 Ohio State 96, Illinois 84
No. 15 Georgia 61, Mississippi 47
Iowa State 66, No. 17 Texas Tech 49
No. 18 Louisville 64, No. 19 G-Town 61
No. 22 Penn State 68, Iowa 52
No. 24 North Carolina 60, NC State 50
South Carolina 65, No. 25 Vanderbilt 60 OT
Full Scoreboard

The Hoyas rallied within four points on Adria Crawford's layup with 1:18 left, but Louisville hit three of four free throws in the final minute and led by five before Wright's layup with :02 left made it 64-61.

The Cardinals shot 47 percent from the field (19 of 40), while the Hoyas hit 32 percent (23 of 70).

Georgetown's defense and rebounding helped it nearly overcome the shooting disparity as the Hoyas forced 25 Cardinals' turnovers and grabbed 18 offensive rebounds.

The game was halted briefly with 19 seconds left when officials realized Georgetown had inadvertently been awarded a point on the scoreboard after a missed free throw. The referees reviewed the game tape and the correction was made.

Louisville stretched a four-point halftime lead to nine just after intermission, but the Hoyas answered with a 13-2 run to take their first lead since early in the first half, 39-37. The teams traded baskets until Schimmel's 3-pointer.

The Cardinals used a 13-2 run, keyed by two Burke 3-pointers, to take an 18-11 lead midway through the first half.

Georgetown rallied to tie the score at 25 on a Morgan Williams' 3-pointer before Louisville scored the final four points of the half.