ASHLAND, Ohio – UW-Parkside advanced to the second round of the NCAA tournament with a 73-66 victory against Indianapolis on Friday afternoon.

The Rangers used an 18-2 run in a little more than seven minutes late in the second half to secure their third win of the season against their conference rival.

Jadee Rooney led the Rangers with 19 points, all of which came in the second half. Jenna Endisch provided 13 points off the bench on 5-of-6 shooting from the floor. Brittany Beyer finished with 12 points and a season-high eight rebounds. Amy Selk also finished in double digits with 10 points.

Parkside improved to 23-5 on the year heading into Saturday's regional semifinal. They will face Ferris State at 5 p.m. ET in the Kates Gymnasium. The Bulldogs moved on with a 74-56 win against Drury University in the second quarterfinal.

Indianapolis finishes its season at 19-11.

Friday's regional quarterfinal played out very similar to the teams' two regular-season meetings that the Rangers pulled out in the final minutes. It appeared the Greyhounds were ready to earn a win in the most important meeting of the season when Kristin Turner knocked down a jumper to make it 56-49 Indianapolis with 11:02 left.

It was from there that the Rangers roared back, embarking on the critical run that extended their season.

Beyer scored on a jumper in the lane and Rooney followed with two free throws. Sydney Weinart got it back to five for the Greyhounds with a lay-up at the 8:35 mark. That would be Indy's last points for almost six minutes.

Beyer came back with two unanswered baskets to get the Rangers within a point. Then it was Rooney's slicing scoop shot that found the basket and drew a foul with 5:15 left. The ensuing free throw made it 60-58.

Endisch then scored with her left hand on the fast break to put Parkside up by four. She followed that by lining up a three from the top the key to push the cushion to seven.

Rooney's two free throws with 3:37 remaining gave Parkside a 67-58 lead, its biggest of the day.

The Greyhounds were not done as they scored six in a row to get within three with 1:19 remaining.

But once again it was Rooney. She came up with another clutch shot and a drive to the hoop with a minute left to put her team back up by five. She iced the game with four more free throws, going 11-for-11 from the foul line in the second half, and leading the Rangers to the win.