RALEIGH, N.C. -- Laurin Mincy had 21 points and 12 rebounds to help Maryland rally past Texas A&M 81-74 on Sunday in the semifinals of the Raleigh Regional of the NCAA tournament.
Alyssa Thomas added 21 points and nine rebounds for the second-seeded Terrapins (31-4), who trailed by 18 points in the first half and by 11 midway through the second half. But Maryland fought its way back and held the defending national champion Aggies (24-11) to just one basket in the final 7½ minutes.

The Terrapins have won 10 in a row and 13 of 14 since a home loss to Virginia Tech on Jan. 26. They're back in a regional final for the first time since 2009 when they were in Raleigh as a No. 1 seed.

Box Score Highlights Photos
Brackets: Interactive Printable
• Equally dangerous Eagles
• Auriemma’s audacity works for UConn
• Green Bay's Wojta putting Phoenix on map
• Top seeds could be tested on road

Freshman Alexia Standish scored 19 points to lead third-seeded Texas A&M, which spent much of the game shooting 50 percent before cooling off as Maryland rallied.

Maryland came in with a huge edge on the boards and finished with a 42-30 rebounding advantage, which led to an 18-5 edge in second-chance points.
The Terrapins went ahead to stay on Lynetta Kizer's score inside off a feed from Brene Moseley that made it 75-74 with 3:29 left. That started an 8-0 run to close the game, with Thomas feeding Mincy on the break after a turnover for a transition layup.

Thomas followed that with a jumper in the lane with 50 seconds left after an offensive rebound to make it 79-74, which all but sealed the win as the Aggies missed a series of desperate 3-pointers in the final seconds.

Texas A&M got off to a fast start, jumping to a 12-2 lead and pushing that margin to 18 points twice in the first half. But Maryland closed the half on a 21-6 run -- including a pair of baskets from Thomas in the final 2½ minutes -- to trail just 44-41 at halftime.

Thomas scored again to start the second half and pull the Terps within one, but Texas A&M came right back with eight consecutive points to take back control.

The Aggies led 72-65 on Kelsey Bone's layup with 7:49 left, but they managed just one field goal -- a drive from Standish with 3:48 left -- the rest of the game.