• Score: 1st of 32 (96 pts.)
• Location: Elsha, IL.
• The Short Story: The Johns Hopkins women’s cross country team won its second straight title and fifth in six years on Saturday afternoon on the campus of Principia College.
How it Happened
• Ellie Clawson stayed with the lead runners all race and finished the race in third with a time of 20:47.00. She was just under two second behind second place finisher Bryn McKillop of C-M-S who finished in 20:45.90.
• Coming in 23rd was Natalia LaSpada with a mark of 21:19.30 while freshman Therese Olshanski finished in 29th with a time of 21:27.70.
• Felicia Koerner was the fifth finisher for the Blue Jays, finishing the race in 42nd with a time of 21:40.20.
• Rebecca Grusby finished 48th with a time of 21:46.00 while Caroline Smith finished in 21:53.30 for 56th place.
• Tasha Freed completed the race in 22:22.70.
• Clawson, LaSpada, and Olshanski all earned All American honors for their top-40 finished.
• JHU finished 95 points ahead of second place Wis.-Eau Claire and put its top-seven roster in front of 30 of 31 other teams top-five.
Head Coach Bobby Van Allen
• “It was a very fast race and we accepted the feeling of being uncomfortable early on. We thrived on the excitement of what we could accomplish.”
• “Ellie had a pretty unbelievable year. From not being in the top-50 last year to being third this year in a deep field it’s incredible and a testament to her. She puts in the work and is always positive and always smiling.”
• “Watching the interactions the team has with one another is the most rewarding part of my job. For them to be able to experience a moment like this makes my day.”
• “They fuel off each other’s positive energy. All throughout the trip they were positive and upbeat. Everyone had a great attitude and the leadership was great. Every person on the team played a big role in its success, and a lot of that success is due to the team’s positive attitude."