NEWTON, Mass. -- Whitney Frates scored three goals, including the game-winning goal in overtime, to lead No. 8  New Hampshire to a 4-3 victory against No. 15 Boston University on Monday.

The game was completed Monday almost 70 hours after starting the afternoon of Oct. 14. The teams took the field for the start of the second half last Friday, but lightning forced the teams back to the locker rooms and postponement of the game with UNH leading 2-1 at the start of the second half.

New Hampshire, a winner of 10 consecutive conference games, improved to 13-3 overall and 3-0 in America East. Boston University is now 8-6, 2-1.

Frates matched her career high of three goals that was set earlier this season. She now has 18 goals on the season and 47 in her career.

UNH goalkeeper Katherine Nagengast finished with seven saves and was not credited with a save in the overtime session. Hayley Rausch scored UNH's other goal, which was her team-leading 20th of the season.

"BU really came at us today" 21st-year head coach Robin Balducci said. "Kat had a great game and the defense kept steady so that we had a chance. Whit just kept plugging away."

BU goalie Valentina Cerda made four saves, including one in OT. Macey Gaumond was credited with a defensive save for the Terriers.

With the score tied 3-3 at the end of regulation, UNH recorded the first shot of the overtime session in the 73rd minute when Frates' shot was defended by Cerda. Two minutes later, the Wildcats continued to pressure and Emma Erler took a shot that was blocked, followed by a Megan Bozek shot that went wide of the cage.

BU tallied its first shot midway through the extra session when Madeleine Hackett struck a shot wide. The Terriers generated consecutive penalty corners in the 79th minute. On the second corner, Jacinda McLeod's shot was blocked and Kat Spring sent the ball wide of the cage.

Frates ended the game at 84:04 -- 14:04 into the extra session -- on a shot just outside the left post.

Rausch got the Wildcats on the board first at 7:59 when Cerda made the initial save against Rausch, but she got the rebound and put it into the back of the cage.

UNH made it 2-0 when Frates deflected a long pass from Kyle Lyons past Cerda at 12:32.

BU cut the deficit to 2-1 at 24:16 on a deflection by Tabi Hatch off Spring's entry pass.

The Terriers capitalized on a penalty corner to event the score 2-2, at 51:55 as McLeod scored on a direct shot from the top of the circle.

Frates put the Wildcats back in front 3-2 at 58:03 on an unassisted goal in which she spun to the right side a fired a shot from six yards.

BU pulled even three minutes later when Andrea Green converted Kate Murphy's centering pass into a goal. The Terriers outshot the Wildcats 6-0 the rest of the way. Nagengast made three saves to keep the game tied, and Murphy hit the post with 62 seconds remaining.

With her goal, Rausch moved into third place on UNH's all-time points leaderboard with 120 (45 goals, 30 assists).