DURHAM, N.H. – Megan Bozek scored for New Hampshire with five minutes remaining in regulation to force overtime. Following Bozek's lead, Meg Flatley scored a goal 2:29 into the second overtime to lift No. 21 New Hampshire to a 3-2 victory against seventh-ranked Northeastern at Memorial Field on Sunday.

UNH won its third consecutive game to improve to 4-3 overall and handed Northeastern its first loss of the season. The Huskies, who had the edge in both shots (15-9) and penalty corners (12-3), are now 6-1.

In addition to scoring the game-tying goal, Bozek was credited with two defensive saves in support of UNH goalkeeper Carlie Tarbell, who finished with six saves. Hannah Richard extended her point-scoring streak to five games with a goal and assist.

Deirdre Duke scored both Northeastern goals. Crystal Poland, the nation’s leading goal scorer, could not tally a goal on seven shots (three on goal). Northeastern's goalkeeper Lizzie Priest had five saves.

The Wildcats took an early 1-0 lead on Richard’s goal at 6:23. Richard rebounded a shot attempt, firing it back into the net for her team-leading seventh goal of the season.

On NU’s second of three first-half corners, Poland fired a shot toward the right post that Bozek blocked, preserving UNH’s 1-0 advantage.

The Huskies generated another corner in the 28th minute, but Tarbell denied Poland.

Northeastern evened the score at 30:48 when Duke entered the circle on and swept a low shot into the cage.

The score was still tied at one at halftime with the visitors holding the advantage in shots (6-3) and corners (3-0).

In the second half, the Huskies scored on a corner. Poland passed to Duke who found the left side of the cage to give Northeastern a 2-1 lead at 48:09.

UNH converted its next corner into a game-tying goal at 64:17. Erler passed to Joyce at the top of the circle, and then Pohlmeyer advanced the ball to the middle of the circle for Richard. She redirected the ball to Bozek who managed to tie the score at two.

Neither team recorded a shot the final 5:43 of regulation, which ended with Northeastern holding the edge in shots (9-8) and corners (6-3).

NU controlled play in the first 15-minute overtime session but could not break the deadlock.

Northeastern generated a corner in the 79th minute and this time Poland struck a low, hard shot towards the left post that Tarbell kicked aside.

On NU’s sixth corner of the first OT with 1:30 on the clock, Lindsay Bennett got the ball to Poland, but Tarbell held strong for the shot.

UNH won the game on its only shot in overtime. In a quick counterattack, Flatley advanced the ball down the right wing and fired a low shot giving the Wildcats a 3-2 victory at 87:29.

Through 85 minutes, the visitors had recorded a 14-8 shot advantage and a 12-3 margin in corners.