INDIANAPOLIS -- The NCAA Division III Field Hockey Committee announced Sunday the field of 24 teams that will compete in the 2014 NCAA Division III Field Hockey Championship.
Sixteen teams will compete in eight first-round games on campus sites Nov. 12. The eight first-round winners, along with the eight teams that received a first-round bye, will compete at four campus sites during second/third-round play Nov. 15 and 16.
The winners of the four sites will advance to the semifinals and finals Nov. 22 and 23 at Turf Field on the campus of Washington and Lee in Lexington, Virginia. Semifinals will be played at 11 a.m. and 2 p.m. ET November 22, with the championship game at 1p.m. Nov. 23.
Championship information, including information about tickets, is available at http://www.ncaa.com/sports/fieldhockey/d3.
Nineteen conferences have been awarded automatic qualification for their champions into the 2014 championship. One team was selected from Pool B, which consists of independent institutions and institutions that are members of conferences that do not meet the requirements for automatic qualification. Finally, four berths were reserved for Pool C, which consists of institutions from automatic-qualifying conferences that are not the conference champions and the remaining teams from Pool B.
The 19 conferences and schools receiving automatic qualification are:
• Capital Athletic Conference -- Salisbury
• Centennial Conference -- Ursinus
• Colonial States Athletic Conference -- Gwynedd-Mercy
• Commonwealth Conference -- Messiah
• Commonwealth Coast Conference -- University of New England
• Empire 8 -- Utica
• Freedom Conference -- FDU-Florham
• Great Northeast Athletic Conference -- Simmons
• Landmark -- Juniata
• Liberty League -- Skidmore
• Little East Conference -- Keene State
• New England Collegiate Conference -- Regis (Mass.)
• New England Small College Athletic Conference -- Middlebury
• New England Women’s and Men’s Athletics Conference -- Wellesley
• New Jersey Athletic Conference -- The College of New Jersey
• North Atlantic Conference -- Husson
• North Coast Athletic Conference -- Kenyon
• Old Dominion Athletic Conference -- Lynchburg
• State University of New York Athletic Conference -- SUNY New Paltz
The one Pool B teams is:
The four Pool C teams are:
• Franklin & Marshall
• Mount Holyoke