INDIANAPOLIS -- The NCAA Division I Field Hockey Committee announced Sunday the field of 16 teams for the 2014 NCAA Division I Field Hockey Championship.
Eleven conferences were awarded automatic qualification. The six lowest automatic-qualification teams will compete for three play-in berths. The remaining five automatic-qualification teams were placed in the bracket.
The following conferences and their representatives received automatic qualification:
• America East Conference -- Albany (N.Y.)
• Atlantic Coast Conference -- Wake Forest
• Atlantic 10 Conference -- Richmond
• Big East Conference -- Connecticut
• Big Ten Conference -- Northwestern
• Colonial Athletic Association -- Delaware
• The Ivy League -- Princeton
• Metro Atlantic Athletic Conference -- Monmouth
• Mid-American Conference -- Kent State
• Northern Pacific Field Hockey Conference -- Liberty
• Patriot League -- Boston U.
The remaining eight teams selected at-large: Boston College, Duke, Louisville, Maryland, North Carolina, Penn State, Stanford and Syracuse.
Play-in games will be played on three campus sites on Nov. 12.
First- and second-round games will be played on four campus sites Nov. 15-16.
Maryland will play host to the semifinals and final Nov. 21 and 23 at the Field Hockey and Lacrosse Complex in College Park.
The semifinals and finals will be streamed live on NCAA.com.
For ticket information, call (301) 314-7070.
• Conference Championship Central