No. 1 North Carolina 7, No. 9 Michigan 2

IOWA CITY, Iowa -- Seven different players scored for North Carolina as the top-ranked Tar Heels beat No. 9 Michigan 7-2 in ACC-Big Ten Challenge play.

Michigan scored first, marking the second time in the season's three games that UNC has given up a goal before scoring. The Wolverine lead lasted 11 minutes before senior Rachel Magerman scored on an assist from junior Loren Shealy to knot the game at 1-1. Junior Charlotte Craddock, who saw her first action of the season Saturday after missing the first two games with an injury, scored the game winner in the 29th minute on an assist from sophomore Nina Notman.

Sophomore Emma Bozek scored in the 31st minute, assisted by Shealy, to put the game at 3-1. In the 33rd minute, freshman Kristy Bernatchez notched the first goal of her Tar Heel career when she stole the ball on a press, drove in and shot from the top of the circle to put UNC up 4-1 at halftime.

Carolina opened the second-half scoring with a penalty corner goal in the 39th minute. Notman scored, assisted by grad student Janne Grove and sophomore Emily Wold. Michigan's second goal of the game came on a penalty stroke by Leslie Smith in the 53rd minute. The Tar Heels then took a penalty stroke of their own, with senior Marta Malmberg nailing the season's first attempt to put the team up 6-2.

In the 66th minute of play, freshman Lauren Moyer scored the first goal of her UNC career to set the final score at 7-2. Like her classmate Bernatchez, she also scored off a steal, coming up with the ball inside the circle and maneuvering around the goalkeeper for the shot.

No. 3 Princeton 4, Fairfield 3

PRINCETON, N.J. -- Despite holding a 22-6 shot differential, it took a second-half rally and three goals during a two-minute span to propel Princeton  past Fairfield 4-3 at Bedford Field.

The Tigers out-shot the Stags 12-0 in the first half, but were unable to capitalize on their chances including six penalty corners.

Fairfield put Princeton on its heels early into the second half, scoring on its first shot of the match. Julie DePaeuw found an opening in front of the cage and shot it straight on in the 40th minute to go up 1-0.

While the Stags picked up momentum, Princeton found a way to take the ball into the circle and earn a penalty corner. Michelle Cesan fed a perfect pass to Syndey Kirby, who stopped it for Teresa Benvenuti to slice in the tying goal at 42:39.

Behind a swift momentum swing, the Tigers propelled it into their crucial three-goal run. Less than a minute after Benvenuti’s goal, a Cesan shot was saved and deflected back to her. She then tapped it over Fairfield’s goalkeeper Caitlin Bennett and Kirby was there to finish it.

Princeton’s surge concluded at 44:39, when the Hailey Reeves corralled the ball near the baseline and crossed it in to an open Allison Evans to put the Tigers up 3-1.

Evans’ insurance goal would eventually be depended on, as Fairfield managed to find another pair of openings on the cage to contain Princeton’s momentum pull.Princeton struggled to find a way into the circle and open lanes on goal until the 67th minute. On their ninth penalty corner of the afternoon, the Tigers scored their fourth goal set up from Cesan to Kirby with Benvenuti again finishing.

Fairfield remained in the game and worked to charge into the Tiger circle. A minute after the Tigers made it 4-2, goalkeeper Anya Gersoff charged out of the goal and the Stags garnered a penalty stroke. Heinen converted it at 67:18 to make it a 4-3 contest.