BELTON, Texas -- No. 4 Mary Hardin-Baylor dominated the second half and the Cru rolled to a 54-30 victory against East Texas Baptist on Saturday afternoon. UMHB improves to 7-0 overall and 5-0 in American Southwest Conference play with the victory. The loss drops the Tigers to 3-5 overall and 2-4 in ASC play on the season.

The Cru trailed 21-17 at halftime, but took its first lead of the game when Tariekus Ellis returned the opening kickoff of the second half 98 yards for a touchdown to put UMHB on top 24-21. Jeremy Barber's 29-yard field goal tied the game at 24 four minutes later, but the Cru answered with a six-play, 80-yard drive capped by a 45-yard touchdown pass from LiDarral Bailey to Damian Davis to make it 31-24.

ETBU failed to field the ensuing kickoff and the Cru recovered at the Tiger 29-yard line. Bailey found Elijah Hudson for a 29-yard scoring play on the next play to push the lead to 38-24. Bailey's 27-yard touchdown run followed a blocked punt for the Cru to put UMHB in front 45-24 with 4:51 to go in the third. ETBU cut it to 45-30 on Trevan Johnson's four-yard TD run, but the Cru blocked the extra point and Ty Dooley returned it for a two-point conversion to push the lead to 47-30. Brodrick Crain closed out the scoring with a 19-yard fumble return in the fourth quarter to provide the final margin.

ETBU opened the scoring on Jair Stover's three-yard run just 1:24 into the game. UMHB tied it at 7-7 on a one-yard scoring plunge by Bailey. The Cru would force a three-and-out, but fumbled away the Tiger punt, setting up a six-yard TD toss from Sed Harris to Tony Cavness to make it 14-7 ETBU. Darius Wilson scored on a two-yard run to tie the game at 14 with 2:55 left in the first quarter before Stover gave the lead back to the Tigers with a four-yard scoring run at the 6:09 mark of the second quarter. Chad Peevey hit a 24-yard field goal with 2:51 left in the half to close the gap to 21-17 at halftime.

UMHB rolled up 438 yards of total offense, with 322 of those coming on the ground. ETBU totaled 485 yards of offense, including 350 rushing yards. The Tigers turned the ball over twice and had two kicks blocked and made multiple mistakes on special teams.

Wilson finished with 176 rushing yards and a TD for the Cru and Bailey added 77 yards and a pair of touchdowns. He was also 5-10 passing for 116 yards and two more scores. Davis caught three passes for 68 yards and a score. Javicz Jones led the UMHB defensive effort, tying a school single-game record with 18 tackles.

Harris had a huge game for ETBU, rushing for 290 yards on 30 carries, the most rushing yardage by an individual opponent in UMHB football history. He was also 17-29 through the air for 117 yards and a score, but he didn't get much help. The Cru held Stover to just 38 yards on 19 carries and the Tigers completed just four passes of ten or more yards. Solahudeen Muhammad led the ETBU defense with 12 tackles.

No. 1 Wisconsin-Whitewater 20, No. 24 Wisconsin-Oshkosh 17
OSHKOSH, Wisc. -- Top-ranked Wisconsin-Whitewater extended its winning streak to 37 games with a 20-17 victory against No. 24 Wisconsin-Oshkosh at J.J. Keller Field on Saturday afternoon.  Whitewater, 7-0 overall and 4-0 in the Wisconsin Intercollegiate Athletic Conference, won for the ninth consecutive time against the Titans, who fall to 5-2 on the season including 3-1 in league play.

Oshkosh scored first on a 29-yard field goal by Nate Becker with 9:01 in the first quarter.  A 53-yard pass from Nate Wara to Cole Myhra set up the field goal.  The 7-0 score did not change the rest of the period.

In the second quarter Whitewater senior quarterback Matt Blanchard tied the game with 23-yard run at 14:52 to put Whitewater up 7-3.

Oshkosh took the lead on a Charlie Weissman 1-yard run with 12:11 left in the half.  The Titan drive was aided by pass interference and personal foul penalties on the Warhawks.  Whitewater's Eric Kindler knotted the score at 10-10 with a 47-yard field goal at 4:49.

Oshkosh regained the lead at 17-10 on a Jeremy Roach 14-yard touchdown run with just 1:18 left in the half, ending a drive that started on the Titans own 20.

Whitewater came back to tie the game with Blanchard hitting Jason Ford for an eight yard touchdown pass with 1:13 left in the third.  The scoring play was set up by a Blanchard to Tyler Huber pass that covered 62-yards, taking the ball inside the 10.

Whitewater's Levell Coppage, the focus of the Titan defense, was held under 100 yards -- until he broke a 47 yard run to the 3 yard line late in the fourth quarter.  Kindler followed with the game-winning 17-yard field goal at 1:18.

With little time remaining, Oshkosh took over on their 20.  Advancing to the UW-W 40 on a third and thirteen play, Wara threw into the endzone, where he was intercepted by Ryan Wenkman to keep Whitewater's streak alive.

No. 2 Mount Union 27, Capital 7
COLUMBUS, Ohio -- Second-ranked Mount Union's defense forced four turnovers and held Capital to a season-low 156 yards in a 27-7 Ohio Athletic Conference victory on Saturday afternoon.

Mount Union (7-0, 6-0) led 3-0 at halftime on a 35-yard Tyler Almeida field goal. Almeida booted a 22-yard field goal on first drive of the second half to put the Raiders up 6-0.

Mount Union finally found the end zone midway through the third quarter when senior linebacker Arthur Smith had a 40-yard interception return for a score to make it 13-0. Junior quarterback Neal Seaman extended the lead to 20-0 with a five-yard touchdown run with 2:51 to play in the third quarter.

Capital (3-4, 3-3) got on the scoreboard early in the fourth quarter as quarterback Chase Carris hit Matt White on a 15-yard touchdown pass which brought the score to 20-7.

Mount Union finished the scoring on a 25-yard touchdown run by backup running back Jake Simon.

Along with Smith, junior defensive end Charles Dieuseul had nine tackles with a pair of sacks while Nick Driskill had eight stops and two interceptions to lead the Raider defense.

Mount Union junior running back Jeremy Murray had 19 carries for 44 yards in the first half but left the game with an injury. Simon came off the bench and had a career-high 169 yards rushing on 17 carries.

Seaman was 8-of-16 passing for 74 yards and ran for 75 yards with a rushing touchdown.

No. 3 St. Thomas (Minn.) 23, No. 15 Bethel 13
ARDEN HILLS, Minn. -- Third-ranked St. Thomas avenged the pain of the 12-7 playoff loss to Bethel that ended their 2010 season on Saturday afternoon by topping the Royals 23-13.

St. Thomas (8-0, 6-0 MIAC) had many heroes on this day -- a running back (Colin Tobin) who gained more than 100 yards, a linebacker (Harry Pitera) who recorded tackles for big losses on two fourth-down plays and a kicker (Tim Albright) who made three field goals.

The Royals could gain only 137 yards on the ground, well below their season average of 288 yards per game, throttled by a big-play defense that stopped them on three fourth-and-short situations in St. Thomas territory.

The Tommies jumped to a 14-0 first-quarter lead on four-yard and five-yard touchdown runs by Tobin, who finished with 133 yards in 31 carries. Bethel picked up two quick first downs on its next series and, on fourth-and-one at the Tommies’ 46, quarterback Josh Aakre pitched the ball to Brandon Marquardt who was stopped short of the marker.

St. Thomas took over and drove to the Bethel 31, where Albright kicked the longest field goal of his career, a 48-yarder,  for a 17-0 lead halfway through the second quarter.

Pitera ended Bethel’s next series at the St. Thomas 25 with a 10-yard, fourth-and-2 sack of Aakre.

The Royals got on the scoreboard with 1:10 left in the first half on a 33-yard touchdown pass, ending St. Thomas’ shutout streak at nine quarters, but the Tommies weren’t going to run out the clock. Two Dakota Tracy completions of 7 and 33 yards to wide receiver Fritz Waldvogel sandwiched a 15-yard penalty and put the ball at the Bethel 20, but the Royals stiffened at the three-yard line and Albright kicked a 20-yard field goal for a 20-7 halftime lead.

Bethel took the second-half kickoff and drove to the St. Thomas three-yard line, but Aakre’s fourth-down pass into the end zone fell incomplete. The Royals held the Tommies to a three-and-out series and drove 41 yards in six plays, with Aakre running the ball in from five yards out to narrow the deficit to 20-13. The Tommies blocked the extra-point kick.

Neither team could move the ball on its next three possessions, but St. Thomas salted away the win with 2:55 left in the game on an Albright 25-yard field goal to make the score 23-13. The 14-play drive to the Bethel eight-yard line chewed up 70 yards and nearly seven minutes on the clock.

Bethel gamely fought back, driving quickly to the St. Thomas 25, where Aakre threw into the left corner of the end zone. Cornerback Jack Gavin made a spectacular play for his second interception of the season to ice the victory for the Tommies.

No. 5 Linfield 45, Pacific Lutheran 7
McMINNVILLE, Ore. -- Tailback Josh Hill rushed for 74 of his game-high 100 yards in the second half and quarterback Mickey Inns threw for 297 yards and three touchdowns to power fifth-ranked Linfield to a dominating 45-7 Northwest Conference victory against Pacific Lutheran on Saturday at Maxwell Field.

Clearing one of the last remaining hurdles on the path to the program’s third consecutive and 35th overall conference title, the unbeaten Wildcats (6-0, 4-0 NWC) handed the rival Lutes their first conference defeat of the season. PLU (4-2, 2-1 NWC) lost for only the third time in 15 games, with two of those setbacks coming at the hands of the ‘Cats.

Inns passed for 221 yards in the first half as the Wildcats built a 24-0 lead at intermission. Hill, who turned in his third 100-yard rushing peformance of the season, provided the knockout punch with his second touchdown of the game at the 12:28 mark of the third quarter. Linfield surpassed the 400-yard plateau of offense for the sixth time this season, finishing with 472 yards, just 18 short equaling of a season-high.

Linfield’s defense was once again formidable, forcing four PLU turnovers and sacking Lutes quarterback Zack Halvorson five times. Dominique Forrest was credited with a team-high eight tackles. Kyle Wright, making his first career start in place of the injured Kalae’ Parish, was in on six stops. Tyler Steele made six tackles, including a pair of sacks and a quarterback hurry.

Leading PLU defensively was linebacker Steven McDonald, who recorded a game-high 12 tackles. T.J. Suek had 11 tackles, including two for losses of 11 yards.

The Lutes averted the embarrassment of leaving McMinnville with a shutout, scoring on Daniel Herr’s 1-yard run with 4:25 left to play.

Game information and photos compiled from athletic department websites.