STATESBORO, Ga. -- Behind two third-quarter scores from Jerick McKinnon, Georgia Southern's Blue team defeated the White team 16-6 in the annual Blue-White spring game at Allen E. Paulson Stadium on Saturday. A crowd of approximately 2,500 came out to see the Eagles including the 2011 seniors, who were presented with Southern Conference championship rings before the game.

The Blue team struck for two touchdowns in less than five minutes in the third quarter to break open what was a 6-3 game at that point. McKinnon capped a 90-yard drive with a 20-yard keeper around the right end to put the Blue team back on top 9-6 with less than five minutes left in the quarter. He struck again with 1:02 left on a 75-yard pass to B.J. Johnson to go up by 10 points.

The White team drove into the red zone between the two scoring drives but turned the ball over on downs after a 1-yard stop for a loss by Josh Gebhardt.

McKinnon finished the day with 83 yards on 14 carries on the ground and completed just the one touchdown pass on three attempts. Darrieon Robinson added 57 yards to the Blue team's total of 171 yards rushing.

The White team's Seon Jones led all rushers with 95 yards on 20 carries. The White squad combined for 230 yards rushing and got 60 or more yards from Tray Butler and Ezayi Youyoute.

The White team held a three-point advantage after starting the second quarter with a 36-yard touchdown run from Jones. The extra-point attempt by Charlie Brower was blocked by Valdon Cooper, but the block did not seem to phase the White offense, which bounced right back on its next possession with a 48-yard drive. The drive, however, was halted in the red zone after Brent Russell forced a fumble on the 12-yard line that was recovered by the Blue defense.

The Blue team controlled the ball for nearly the entire first quarter but produced just a 19-yard field goal from Kyle Morris. After the Blue defense forced a three-and-out on the White team's first drive of the game, the Blue offense embarked on a 14-play drive that covered 78 yards in just over eight minutes and ended with the first points of the game.