ATHENS, Ga. -- Georgia's Mark Richt is entering his 14th season at the helm of the Bulldogs' football program and early indications are that he'll be more private and secretive than in the past.
Generally speaking, Richt has been more transparent than most SEC coaches when it comes to the inner workings of his team. But he is playing things a little closer to the vest so far this season.
That much was evident during his terse exchange with reporters regarding injuries after Wednesday morning's practice. Richt responded cryptically when asked about the status of preseason All-SEC linebacker Ramik Wilson. Wilson has not practiced the past three days but has not been dressed in the traditional green jersey that indicates a player is injured.
"He's not practicing, but he'll be OK pretty soon," Richt said.
Asked if it was indeed an injury that had Wilson sidelined, he said, "Yeah."
The past two seasons and this past spring, UGA provided the media with injury reports at the end of each practice day. That hasn't been the case so far during the Bulldogs' six preseason practices and Richt intimated that's the way it's going to stay.
"We're done doing that," Richt said.
Asked why, he said, "Because we don't want to tell the whole world what's going on."
For what it's worth, The Macon Telegraph and Dawgs247.com are citing sources that Wilson is dealing with a minor concussion. But that is unconfirmed.
With that in mind, here's what can be reported about the Bulldogs' preseason injury issues:
• Wide receiver Malcolm Mitchell is out indefinitely with a cartilage injury to his right knee.
• Cornerback Shattle Fenteng is currently sidelined with what appears to be a shoulder injury but "will be fine," according to his position coach.
• Wide receiver Chris Conley is practicing but being held out of contact with an undisclosed injury based on the green jersey he's wearing.
• Quarterback Hutson Mason said he did not throw Tuesday due to a sore arm but that it was simply fatigued and is not an injury.
• Outside linebacker Leonard Floyd is practicing but being held out of contact for an undisclosed injury.
• Tight end Jordan Davis did not practice Wednesday for unknown reasons.
• Inside linebacker Ryne Rankin did not practice Wednesday for unknown reasons.
• College football tickets