The Mountaineers closed their regular season with a flourish and now look to do the same against Toledo in the Raycom Media Camellia Bowl. Appalachian State closed the season winning eight of its last nine games. Both teams come into this matchup with 9-3 records.
Appalachian State (9-3) vs. Toledo (9-3)
Dec. 17, 2016
Cramton Bowl, Montgomery, AL
How to watch
Game time: 5:30 p.m. ET
TV channel: ESPN
Live stream: You can live stream the game here.
Players to watch
- Jalin Moore leads Appalachian State with 1,367 rushing yards and 10 touchdowns. He’s averaging 6.2 yards per carry this season.
- Toledo quarterback Logan Woodside has thrown for 3,882 yards, 43 touchdowns and just nine interceptions. He has a one touchdown lead on Washington’s Jake Browning for the top spot in the nation.
- This marks the second season in a row that Appalachian State has played in the Camellia Bowl; it defeated Ohio 31-29 in last year’s game with running back Marcus Cox getting MVP honors.
- These teams have never met before.
- Mountaineer ball-carriers averaged a stellar 5.6 yards per carry this season with 27 touchdowns.
- Appalachian State boasts the nation’s No. 13 rushing attack (247.1 yards per game) and No. 7 scoring defense (17 points allowed per game).
- Toledo is a pass-first offense, averaging 329.1 yards per game through the air to rank eighth in the FBS.
- The Rockets have a stellar all-around offense, as they’re 44th in the nation in rushing yards per game (200.7) and 19th in scoring offense (38.3 points per game).
- Appalachian State offensive tackle Beau Nunn is questionable with an undisclosed injury.