The Eagles finished their up-and-down 2016 season with losses in three of their final five games. They’ll look to end strong as they take on Old Dominion in the Popeyes Bahamas Bowl at Thomas Robinson Stadium.
Eastern Michigan (7-5) vs. Old Dominion (9-3)
Dec. 23, 2016
Thomas Robinson Stadium, Nassau, Bahamas
How to watch
Game time: 1 p.m. ET
TV Channel: ESPN
Live stream: You can live stream the game here.
Players to watch
- Eastern Michigan defensive lineman Pat O’Connor had team-highs with 8.0 sacks and 12.5 tackles for loss this season. He finished with 38 tackles, 15 quarterback hurries and five forced fumbles.
- Monarchs running back Ray Lawry led the way for his team with 1,122 rushing yards and 11 touchdowns. He combined with Jeremy Cox to score 24 rushing touchdowns this season.
- Eastern Michigan enters this game with seven wins -- the same number it won from 2012-15 combined (7-41).
- This is the Eagles’ first bowl trip since winning the now-defunct California Bowl following the 1987 season, 30-27 over San Jose State.
- The Monarchs are 2-0 all-time against Eastern Michigan, with wins over the Eagles in each of the last two seasons.
- Old Dominion closed the season on a five-game winning streak and won eight of its last nine games after opening 1-2.
- The Monarchs boast the No. 27 scoring offense with 36 points per game this season.
- This is Old Dominion’s first bowl trip in year No. 3 of having a Division I program.
- The Monarchs won 11 games combined in their first two Division I seasons; they can finish this season with 10 wins with a victory here.
- Eastern Michigan running back Ian Eriksen is questionable with an undisclosed injury.
- Old Dominion tight end Melvin Vaughn is questionable with an ankle injury.
- Monarchs quarterback David Washington is probable with a knee injury.