After dropping the MAC title game to Western Michigan, Ohio looks to close the season strong when it takes on Troy in the Dollar General Bowl in Mobile, Ala. Troy comes into the game with a 9-3 record but has lost two of its last three games.
Ohio (8-5) vs. Troy (9-3)
Dec. 23, 2016
Ladd-Peebles Stadium, Mobile, AL
How to watch
Game time: 8 p.m. ET
TV Channel: ESPN
Live stream: You can live stream the game here.
Players to watch
- Wide receiver Sebastian Smith leads the way on the Ohio offense with 54 receptions for 877 yards and four touchdowns.
- Running back Jordan Chunn powers the Troy offense, as he finished with 1,232 yards and 13 touchdowns this season. He also helped out in the passing game with 29 catches for 225 yards.
- Ohio is in search of its first nine-win season since going 9-4 in the 2012 campaign.
- This is the second year in a row and seventh in the last eight in which the Bobcats have played in a bowl; in the previous bowls, they’re 2-4.
- Ohio boasts the No. 26 scoring defense in the FBS this season, as it has allowed just 22.2 points per game.
- The Bobcats haven’t won a bowl game since the Independence Bowl after the 2012 season
- This is Troy’s first bowl trip since winning the New Orleans Bowl after the 2010 season.
- With a win, Troy will cap the first 10-win season in the 16-year history of Division I football at the school.
- Troy won the only previous matchup in 2010, when these teams met in the R+L Carriers Bowl.
- Ohio safety Mayne Williams is questionable with a head injury.