Texas A&M continues an impressive eight-year streak of playing in bowl season as it takes on Kansas State in the AdvoCare V100 Texas Bowl. Last year, the Aggies snapped a four-game bowl winning streak with a loss in the Music City Bowl to Louisville and future Heisman Trophy winner Lamar Jackson.
Texas A&M (8-4) vs. Kansas State (8-4)
Dec. 28, 2016
NRG Stadium, Houston, Texas
How to watch
Game time: 9 p.m. ET
TV channel: ESPN
Live stream: You can live stream the game here.
Players to watch
- With the team’s top two quarterbacks’ statuses in question, Texas A&M will lean heavily on running back Trayveon Williams, who rushed for 1,024 yards and eight touchdowns this season.
- Quarterback Jesse Ertz threw for 1,560 yards, eight touchdowns and four interceptions for the Wildcats this season and is the team’s leading rusher with 945 yards and 10 touchdowns.
- After opening the season 6-0, the Aggies sputtered to an 8-4 finish, including losing three of their last four games.
- Texas A&M has won at least eight games for five straight seasons and would clinch its first nine-win season since 2013 with a win in this game.
- This is the Aggies’ second trip to the Texas Bowl; the Aggies took down Northwestern in the 2011 iteration of the bowl thanks to quarterback Ryan Tannehill.
- Texas A&M leads the all-time series 8-7, but Kansas State has won the last three meetings in a row.
- The Aggies haven’t beaten the Wildcats since 2005.
- Kansas State lost the inaugural Texas Bowl 37-10 to a Rutgers team powered by running back Ray Rice.
- The Wildcats won five of their last six games to close the season with an 8-4 record.
- This is Kansas State’s seventh straight year of playing in a bowl game; the Wildcats are just 1-5 in the previous six bowls with the only win coming in the 2013 Buffalo Wild Wings Bowl.
- Aggies quarterback Trevor Knight is questionable with a knee injury.
- Texas A&M quarterback Jake Hubenak is questionable with a shoulder injury.
- Aggies defensive back Armani Watts is questionable with a leg injury.
- Wildcats running back Alex Barnes is questionable with a stinger.
- Kansas State kicker Matthew McCrane is questionable with a hip injury.
- Wildcats defensive back Duke Shelley is questionable with a foot injury.
- Kansas State guard Abdul Beecham is questionable with an undisclosed injury.